Pin Sun WC

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
20161223_171239.jpg
This is probably best geared for KPM...but the recent WCI magazine has an article on Pin Sun and I wanted to ask if KPM would elaborate on the circled portion of the pic? Thx.

Hazardi172

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think this is a wing chun forum? VT = wing chun. Unless Pin Sun something completely different then I think my comment is ok?

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the point of the book is hypothetically, you already have students and you are imparting on them what to focus on since you will not be there as a guide, not to take an entirely new group and give them a crash course.

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
@KPM ...any feedback on this thread you care to share Keith? Thx.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I haven't seen the article and don't know the context of the circled section. Was this an interview with Robert Chu and he was talking about his "40 Point" GuLao Wing Chun? Or maybe this is Robert Chu interviewing Jim Roselando? In the Pin Sun Wing Chun I learned I was not taught a specific breakdown of "eight basic hand techniques" or "four basic foot techniques" and there was actually very little kicking. I could make a guess and say that this was referring to Bong, Tan, Fook, Lan, etc.....and that "four basic foot techniques" refers to the basic footwork patterns. But that would just be a guess because I wasn't taught it in those categories. If "basic hand techniques" refer to the San Sik, our "level 1" or basic includes only 4 (sometimes 5), not 8.

All I can say is that when I studied with Jim Roselando, nothing was mentioned about a specific "8 basic hand techniques" or "four basic foot technqiues". When I went back years later to update what I know with Marc Kenny (under the direct supervision of Henry Mui), again, nothing was said about that kind of breakdown. But that doesn't mean it isn't used when talking about the system to others.

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here is the title and sifu
20170106_071732.jpg

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah! Ok, thanks! Stanley Jue hasn't been associated with Henry Mui for over 20 years now. He more or less "went his own way."

OP
wckf92

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ah! Ok, thanks! Stanley Jue hasn't been associated with Henry Mui for over 20 years now. He more or less "went his own way."

OK, cool. Thx kpm

Latest Discussions