Pick your shot - where do you start?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
New game we've started playing in BJJ is Pick Your Shot. The game is simple, one player is the "top" at the start of a 2.5-minute round. They get to pick the starting position. Live roll, once there's a submission, reset, top player again picks their shot. After 2.5 minutes, switch top/bottom, the other player gets to call their shot.

Your shot could be something simple like "mount" or "side control." Or it could be a 90%-locked-in submission.

You get to pick your shot, where are you starting?

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
New game we've started playing in BJJ is Pick Your Shot. The game is simple, one player is the "top" at the start of a 2.5-minute round. They get to pick the starting position. Live roll, once there's a submission, reset, top player again picks their shot. After 2.5 minutes, switch top/bottom, the other player gets to call their shot.

Your shot could be something simple like "mount" or "side control." Or it could be a 90%-locked-in submission.

You get to pick your shot, where are you starting?
In the position that you want to work on
For example at the moment I’ve working on getting triangles from mount so whenever we do specific sparring I choose mount. I also tell my partner that’s what I’m working on so their defence is the best it can be
I think these kind of exercises are very good to get deep into executing specific techniques against a defending opponent
General sparring is when I work on transitions and changes as opposed to focusing on specific techniques

Latest Discussions