Photos from Champion Challenge Martial Arts Open - April 17th 2010

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great pics Bob! Well done! Looks like it was a fun time too! :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice job... I was at a tournament today, and somebody had a portrait package/shop set up. I grabbed a card & will forward that info to you, just so you can compare. They WERE NOT offering any sort of action shots, only portraits. And I think they only did them against their (fairly standard) gray "cloudy" portrait backdrop, if you follow what I mean. They did offer a free low-res (for web/Facebook/email) copy via email if you bought multiple shots; that might be an idea to think about.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We had a booth set up to do standard portraits, see below. :)
Options were a 4x6 print on site, or a CD with ready to print images. Also, special orders were available. Shelley & Matt assisted me at the event.

Attachments

• $IMG_6123.jpg
    $IMG_6123.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 130

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah; I knew you did that. That's why I grabbed their card; market research, y'know. It's just in my gear and not handy... I'll PM you on that later. I think the "inside shots" are a great market niche, and I'm not seeing it taken advantage of. Don't know if you're using a model like someone described for a horse-show shoot (get the pics and let 'em buy it or not) or a contracted "get pics of Suzie-Q doing kata" deal... or a combination. But, either way, it's not a niche I see being filled a lot.

Latest Discussions