Philosophy of Kenpo.......... the Sayings.......

one I hear a lot:

"The best thing for sore muscles is more of what made them sore."

my instructor's cure for sore legs from kicking:

you guessed it...more kicks.

"The best thing for sore muscles is more of what made them sore."

I like that saying, I've been applying that to my training lately, and have to say that is is paying off.

Take Care,
Billy Lear, 3rd Degree Brown Belt
United Kenpo Systems
www.uks-kenpo.com

Muscle soreness only comes once (unless of course you let the muscle slip back to inactive for a while)! After the particular muscle group is in condition, soreness will vanish...... now Fatigue will set in but not soreness. You will tire and fatigue the muscle to where it cant or wont function, but never sore so initial training will create better flow in the region then your job is to strengthen and develop.

:asian:

I have always liked "Whatever the attitude, so is the response." and "To hear is to doubt, to see is to be deceived, but to feel is to believe" but my all time favorite is "he who hestiates, meditates in a horizonatal position"

"Condition and guts take over where knowledge and skill end"

&

Knowledge is bound when one is compelled to tradition.... yet knowledge is endless when tradition is bound"

:asian:

This isn't in the official list but it should be. "never bring a knife to a gun fight"

Kenpo's true value is not in what you know, but what you do.

Take Care,
Billy Lear, 3rd Degree Brown Belt
United Kenpo Systems
www.uks-kenpo.com

Like-wise Dennis. Can't wait to see you again.

With Love & Honor,
Billy Lear

The Kenpo system is based on the outer limits of simplicity and the starting point of complexity.

Oh Mr.C something tells me this Kenpo sayings subject is a direct result of my rambling through them the other day....

Goldendragon7 said:
PURPLE BELT Sayings

Slow to learn, slow to forget.
Doesn't this seem rather contradictory? Wouldn't it make more sense if it was "Quick to learn, slow to forget"? There must be a story that will bring into context what this saying really means. Would you mind sharing this story so I would understand the saying better? Thank you.

- Ceicei

Ceicei said:
Doesn't this seem rather contradictory? Wouldn't it make more sense if it was "Quick to learn, slow to forget"? There must be a story that will bring into context what this saying really means. Would you mind sharing this story so I would understand the saying better? Thank you.

- Ceicei
It means that if you learn it the hard way, or it takes you some effort to learn the material, then it would fade slower as well. I think...

I always took it that if you take your time and give your body the chance to learn it, thru repetition and playing with it alot, it will take longer for it to be forgotten.

Kenpo Feels Good

Maltair said:
I always took it that if you take your time and give your body the chance to learn it, thru repetition and playing with it alot, it will take longer for it to be forgotten.

Kenpo Feels Good

I agree.

Latest Discussions

Back