Philosophy of Kenpo.......... the Sayings.......

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
one I hear a lot:

"The best thing for sore muscles is more of what made them sore."

my instructor's cure for sore legs from kicking:

you guessed it...more kicks.

Kenpobuff

Orange Belt
Reaction score
At our school we are not required to memorize them but my instructor adds them in as they apply to what we are doing at the time. I love to hear them and feel they are a valuable learning tool when you listen closely. Thanks GD7!

OP
R

rschoon

The sayings have never been a requirement for advancement when i came through the ranks. I have read them, I have not absorbed many of them. I should now go back and read them again, this time absorb them.

Thanks for being apart of my journey and reminding me to advance my intellect more.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
rschoon said:
The sayings have never been a requirement for advancement when i came through the ranks. I have read them, I have not absorbed many of them. I should now go back and read them again, this time absorb them.

Thanks for being apart of my journey and reminding me to advance my intellect more.
If you integrate them into your training you will find they have even more value than they present on their face.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kenpobuff said:
At our school we are not required to memorize them but my instructor adds them in as they apply to what we are doing at the time. I love to hear them and feel they are a valuable learning tool when you listen closely. Thanks GD7!
They are very good and useful. I'm glad you see the benefit in studying them.

btw where and who do YOU train with?

:asian:

Latest Discussions