Pepperidge Farm Whole Grain Swirl Bread

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Pepperidge Farms Whole Grain Swirl Bread with Cinnamon and Raisins is a nutrition bargain. Each slice contains 100 calories, 3 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of protein per slice. There is no cholesterol nor transfats. Sodium is modest at 140 mg. Total carbohydrates are 18 grams per slice with sugars being 5 grams (some of that is high fructose corn syrup).

I was astounded by the 3 grams of fiber. Many "wholesome" breads only have 1 gram of fiber and are a higher calorie count. The protein was a shock, too, with many breads coming in at only 1 gram - 2 grams of protein.

A 1# loaf costs around $3.39 (cheaper at Wal-Mart). I bought two on sale at my local store as they were two for $5.00 - no wonder, a little stale - gotta watch out for those "sales."

This bread makes delicious peanut butter sandwiches. I might just try it in a bread pudding. And it's great all by itself.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey Bobster,

I don't know if it's available in the UK. Speaking of the UK, I tried to find treacle here in the USA. No luck. I made a treacle tart and used 1/2 corn syrup and half molasses. I substituted Total Cereal for the Cornflakes. It came out fantastic. My family and I loved the crust - like a shortbread cookie.

Latest Discussions