People favor TKD, not Kenpo

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoran

It would be even more fun to put that Green Belt back on him before he went up to get his trophy. I would love to see the faces. :EG:

This did happen at our school twice. We have a guy who used to box who is a Yellow Belt in very good condition and twice he has gone to Houston to fight in some open/continuous fighting match where the competitors don't wear their belt.

Both times he took 1st place and I'm sure it was very amusing when he lined back up wearing his Gi and Yellow Belt next to the Black Belts he just trounced in the ring.

I don't feel to bad when he beats me now that I know more of his story.:)

OP
V

vincefuess

I have come into contact with more than my share of excellent fighters who I happen to outrank. Look at Gou- with the boxing experience he had, he was probably a better scrapper than most of his MA instructors.

It depends on the student- if they have something to prove then there is nothing you can give them. But oif they are truly there to lean something new, it is no problem. My black belt does not mean I can kick your ***, it is merely symbolic that I have learned certain information and can perform it to a required degree. I have met many lower belts who could likely hand my butt to me in a real conflict- due to age, physical ability, ability to take abuse, etc. That should noit be the criteria when you step in a school- it should be looking for what they may lack. I make more money than most of my college professors combined- based in part on what they taught me. Their success (or lack thereof) is no gauge of me, but their impact upon me is immeasurable.

OP
G

GouRonin

I have met Dennis' kids. They are far too smart to actually be related to me. They're both honour roll kids in school and good kids to boot.

If I was Dennis' kid, I'd have to be adopted!

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by GouRonin

I have met Dennis' kids. They are far too smart to actually be related to me. They're both honour roll kids in school and good kids to boot.

If I was Dennis' kid, I'd have to be adopted!

I'll adopt you! I always wanted a summer home in Canada!:D

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by RCastillo

I'll adopt you! I always wanted a summer home in Canada!:D

There are better ways to get a Canadian summer home.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
I'll adopt you!

You can live in the treehouse behind the boys......:rofl:

Attachments

• $treehouse.gif
    $treehouse.gif
    84.1 KB · Views: 130
OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

You can live in the treehouse behind the boys......:rofl:

Throw in some "Central Air", and you got a deal!:eek:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

Does that place have room service? How about cable? No? Satellite then? Oh and what about a High Speed Internet connection?

It does have a pool, and the main house is open all hours! Lots of snacks, too!:D

OP
T

tonbo

Now THAT is a treehouse!!

Did you need to get a permit to build that, or what? You gonna rent that thing out when the kids move away from home?

Oh, and I noticed that the kids were on scooters.....does the treehouse have a garage, too?

Nice job, though.....forgive me if I don't show that picture to my own kids....they wouldn't ever go back to the puny fort that sits on my property.....

Peace--

Latest Discussions