Paid Access? Would you do it?

Would you pay to access MartialTalk, and if so, how much?

• Yes - Its worth it to help MT grow.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Yes - but only if I get access to premium content

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Yes - $10 per year is fair

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Yes - $20 per year is fair

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Yes - $30 per year is fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Its not worth it

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • No - I dont visit pay sites

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • No - I'd only use the free features

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
I think I am one of the few folks, if not the only one, to ever see Matt “Tequila” Stone. :D

But I won't go there...........

Let's NOT go there... I still remember bits and pieces of that night. Lots of fun, but there are some things I'd rather have not done...

Wow. And the day after... Ick.

Gambarimasu.
:asian: :tank: :asian:

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Yiliquan1
Let's NOT go there... I still remember bits and pieces of that night. Lots of fun, but there are some things I'd rather have not done...

Wow. And the day after... Ick.

Gambarimasu.
:asian: :tank: :asian:

I was fresh as a daisy the next day.:p
You on the other hand had to do colors at the crack of dawn……I am just wondering what “colors” you actually saw.:D

K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Purhaps something like the 'tips' jar would work, once I find a reliable and easy way to do it. At certain donation levels you recieve some form of reconization as a supporter?

Hey Good Idea Kaith, it's certainly a way to get rid of the rest of those t-shirts. ;) hee hee.

Dot

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would prefer to have an option to donate 2 bucks every now and then. If PAY PAL is not an option, what are some other products that are for online payments?

Verisign?

-Michael

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm reevaluating the paypal idea as my information on them has turned out to be outdated.

Right now, I've got a couple alternative options on raising the cash needed to continue to maintain and expand MT that won't require an "admission" fee.

So, While there may be some form of 'premium' content set up at a later date, forum access will remain free.

:asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Yiliquan1
You just gotta love a woman like Jill -

I tend to agree that Jill has a good way with words here. She livens the place up with witt. She can be really funny and serious in the same post. You don't get that often with people.

Lastly, I'm not trying to make a pass at Jill. I'm just pointing out facts that her posts are different coming from a woman's point of view. Keep posting Jill and I'll keep reading.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Some of us pay to sponsor MT and have even bought some of the baby blue shirts just to help support this place. So, the rest of you dead beats get off your heineys, shut your mouths and open your wallets.

R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by Seig
Some of us pay to sponsor MT and have even bought some of the baby blue shirts just to help support this place. So, the rest of you dead beats get off your heineys, shut your mouths and open your wallets.

Good point Seig, although I dont wear a baby blue T-shirt I hope I have gave the staff of MT a couple of good ideas.

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Rob_Broad
Good point Seig, although I dont wear a baby blue T-shirt I hope I have gave the staff of MT a couple of good ideas.

Or pink speedos!:mad:

J

J-kid

I am still in high school and dont have much cash to spair .
What would i do if you added the charge.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think you should sell Martial Talk Shirts and stuff on Cafepress.com

I use them to sell Ninja Tshirts and Mugs and stuff. (PM me if you want the link... ahem cheap shameless plug)

Basicaly It wouldnt cost you ANYTHING, and youd make a couple bucks from each sale... That way the people who want to donate can, AND also they recieve somthing cool in return...

I Personaly would buy a Martial Talk shirt or Coffe Mug if it had a cool logo...

Anyhow, just a thought.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
CafePress only does white teeshirts. Thats 1 major problem with them. The other items are currently being looked at. I set up a shop there about 2 weeks back, and am only waiting on my own order (to check out the quality) before taking the link live.

I do have a small number of the original MT tee shirts still available. They are $10US each, + S/H. Sm, Md, Lg, XL only.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
CafePress only does white teeshirts. Thats 1 major problem with them. The other items are currently being looked at. I set up a shop there about 2 weeks back, and am only waiting on my own order (to check out the quality) before taking the link live.

I do have a small number of the original MT tee shirts still available. They are $10US each, + S/H. Sm, Md, Lg, XL only.
Hey Sports Fans, for you Full Figured ones out there, those XLs are pretty big! I'd say they are about the size of a normal 2x!
Start buying!

J

J-kid

For some reason i always choose the most expesive hobbies.
Traveling
Mixed Martial Arts
Paintballing
Video games for computer and for Xbox.
And the Most expesive of all Girls.

Latest Discussions