Out of interest

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Out of interest how many people here train sui lim tao single legged?

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:

Not me, there is no need to as this is the purpose of the Chum Kui

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not me. Is this a late April Fools? :) Never heard of it being done single legged.

OP
ed-swckf

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kensai said:
Not me. Is this a late April Fools? :) Never heard of it being done single legged.

No its a legitimate post!! :)

Stu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As part of our schools syllabus we have to perform SLT on one leg. Its very good training for your leg muscles and helps you realise just how much your upper body moves in those tiny little subtle ways that shift your balance.

When we do it we're told the raised leg thigh should be parallel with the floor. If it doesn't start hurting by the time you get to the 3rd section your not doing it right :)

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
:) Interesting post though, I'd never heard of SLT being done on one leg. Mind you, after only 6 full months of study within Wing Chun, that's hardly a surprise! :asian:

barriecusvein

Green Belt
Reaction score
Stu said:
As part of our schools syllabus we have to perform SLT on one leg. Its very good training for your leg muscles and helps you realise just how much your upper body moves in those tiny little subtle ways that shift your balance.

When we do it we're told the raised leg thigh should be parallel with the floor. If it doesn't start hurting by the time you get to the 3rd section your not doing it right :)

we do it on one leg as well. for the same reasons as Stu says. also, sometimes we do it on one leg with a blindfold on, try it, you will fall over!

yipman_sifu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:

We do it with one leg, It is not that important for beginers who learns SLT and CK, but they have do it at least once in order to be ready for the Chi Gerk (sticking legs) drill which comes at later stages.

OP
ed-swckf

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kensai said:
:) Interesting post though, I'd never heard of SLT being done on one leg. Mind you, after only 6 full months of study within Wing Chun, that's hardly a surprise! :asian:

Well as the thread illustrates not all schools use it so its, like you say, really no big surprise that you hadn't heard of it. you were able to come here and learn something new though, so thats good.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:
Well as the thread illustrates not all schools use it so its, like you say, really no big surprise that you hadn't heard of it. you were able to come here and learn something new though, so thats good.

Yep, guess that's the important thing. On reflection, having checked out a few video images of SLT etc, it doesn't seem such a leap of logic after all.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
fightingfat said:

Fighting fat. I see you're also on the UKWCKF site too mate. Thought I recognised you. See you made your way here too eh? Which area do you train in?

Jude

OP
ed-swckf

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kensai said:
Fighting fat. I see you're also on the UKWCKF site too mate. Thought I recognised you. See you made your way here too eh? Which area do you train in?

Jude

Is that an open to all website or a forum for members of a particular organisation? I'm not sure if i've seen it before, thats why i ask.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:
Is that an open to all website or a forum for members of a particular organisation? I'm not sure if i've seen it before, thats why i ask.

Hi mate,

It's a discussion forum for the UKWCKF guys, of which I am one, but you don't have to be a member. It's quite small, but also friendly.

Check it out here:
http://ukwingchun.com/forum/display_forum_topics.asp?ForumID=1

Small, but perfectly formed. :0)

fightingfat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Kensai said:

Jude

Did you see my post on the intro forum Jude?

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
fightingfat said:
Did you see my post on the intro forum Jude?

I have now mate. Cheers. Like I said, thought I recognised your username. Got some reinforcements from UKWCKF now, there was one bloke slagging it off as he "didn't like the website". FFS.... ;)

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:
Thanks for that, perhaps i'll post sometime:)

Feel free mate, it could use a fresh influx of opinion, and as you post well thought out, articulate posts, it'd be more than welcome.

Latest Discussions