3 cheers for SLT power

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I work in the youth services field in a Crisis residential house. Tonight I had an incident with a young man who was trying to get into the staff office, I blocked his way and he started to shoulder barge me in the chest (he also stuck a lump of wood into my chest but that will be a 3 cheers for efficient structure of WC hands) each time he barged me I applied the SLT power, he found himself being bounced back towards the door, until I was eventually able to shut the door on him.

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
Nice. It seemed like you did not anticipate anything at all. You simply flowed and reacted by second nature to anything he offered you.

LOL, Wing Chun is like improv= accept what comes, follow what leaves. Never block lol.

"you invite em in, and you throw him out" lol

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
When done properly, I hadn't realised how knackering SLT is!! Did it last night of months of doing it, but I did it with full dynamic tension, and very calm and controlled, boy was I shattered after it. :)

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh, thats cool. Just for the dumb non-WC guy hanging around, what is SLT?
I assume I know basically what your refering to, but I'm not sure.

7sm

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Heh, thats cool. Just for the dumb non-WC guy hanging around, what is SLT?
I assume I know basically what your refering to, but I'm not sure.

7sm

Sui lim tao, the 1st form.

OP
bcbernam777

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kensai said:
When done properly, I hadn't realised how knackering SLT is!! Did it last night of months of doing it, but I did it with full dynamic tension, and very calm and controlled, boy was I shattered after it. :)

Thats how you know your doing it properly ;)

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
bcbernam777 said:
Thats how you know your doing it properly ;)

LMAO, tell me about it! Can see the benefits of it now, I actually find the slower I do it, the more I'm able to analyse each move, and consequently, any errors I may or may not make. Everyone's a winner! :ultracool

Latest Discussions