Our very own Gulag...

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Our system works great for dealing with the odd theft, or even the crime of passion murder. It is the protections granted American citizens by the Constitution, and it's the best system we can apply to both protect society and the rights of individual citizens.

Having intimate experience with the US civilian legal system (which is great if you're a criminal), I have NO desire to see it applied to foreign terrorists. The very idea that we should afford them the say protections is asinine and self-defeating. What does it benefit us? It keeps up some unclear abstract principle? Most of them would be back out, planting bombs and blowing up buildings in 6 months.

I haven't seen anything in that article that remotely bothers me. If it wasn't for intelligence value, I really wouldn't have cared if these terrorists had been subject to summary executions. If anyone expects me to get upset about these accusations, even if they are true, keep in mind that if I was in charge, it would probably be the same way.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Vice President Dick wants this language added to Senator McCain's bill. A bill that the United States Senate vote 90 - 9 in favor of.

Torture
"shall not apply with respect to clandestine counterterrorism operations conducted abroad, with respect to terrorists who are not citizens of the United States, that are carried out by an element of the United States government other than the Department of Defense and are consistent with the Constitution and laws of the United States and treaties to which the United States is a party, if the president determines that such operations are vital to the protection of the United States or its citizens from terrorist attack."
Codify language that 'Torture techniques are consistent with the Constitution'? ? ? ?

Please, tell me where the United States Constitution is consistent with Torture?

You would think that the Vice President of the United States could parse a friggin' compound sentence and realize what it is saying.

Mr. Fitzgerald can not get these indictments out quick enough to save us from ourselves.

Latest Discussions