Ouch!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Broken Back.

Ouch I wonder why he did not tap or give up before he was bent backwards.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Broken Back.

One word comes to mind...ego. Seriously though, I have seen so many people in various classes, in a very bad position, and they'll continue to work for an escape. I'm sorry, but I have no issues with tapping. So I tap, big deal. I'd rather do that than walk away with an injury.

MattJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Looks like it happened too fast for him to tap - note that the guy attempting the lock pretty much fell on his butt when he stepped over the other guy's body.

*shiver*

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like it happened too fast for him to tap - note that the guy attempting the lock pretty much fell on his butt when he stepped over the other guy's body.

*shiver*

That is what I think as well. It just happened to fast and walla......crack!

when my knee blew while training in a BJJ sparring session 9 years ago. It happened so fast there was no way of preventing it. Fortunately for me though the blow out was not to bad and proper rehab, took care of it. However like all of us obsessed martial practitioners I still trained throughout!
icon12.gif

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

*shiver*

I was thinking when he was upside down and head his head pinned back. I would assume the worse, but that is me.

I agree once he sat down, it was too late though.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*shiver

I don't think the guy had a chance to tap. I don't think he realised where the other guy was and what he was doing.

That video made my stomach turn. I don't think I wanna ever watch it again. :(

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It was a freak injury. A sick video to watch, but a freak injury none the less. Ouch is an understatement.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian, you should have posted a warning that said "Don't watch first thing in the morning" with that vid. My god, I've broken my back and that was a flash back moment for me. Yuk.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It might not be broken. When I was a kid, I got in a fight with a playground bully and he put me in the wrestling move "the boston crab" until I was screaming. Basically, my back was hyperextended, but not broken. That said, hopefully, he'll walk again. Regardless, I think he's done with jujutsu. Hell, I almost am after watching that. It makes me NOT want to go to any more tournaments.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen that video before and it made me just as nauseous to see it yesterday than it did ... um ... months ago.

I don't think "ouch" begins to describe it.

Ybot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've seen this video before, and heard (though I don't know for sure) that the injury was not as bad as it looks.

The guy on the bottom should learn to roll over his shoulder. He was trying a very common sweep used on guys standing in your guard. When done properly you can safely avoid injury if the guy tries to step over like in this vid.

Latest Discussions