Opinions on the FIGHT program?

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There's a school right around the corner from where I work that offers the FIGHT program as the major part of its curriculum. My understanding is that it's based on Haganah, similar to Krav Maga, but I know that it's offered in other areas, too.

Has anyone tried it? How was it for you?

patroldawg27

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I haven't tried it but I did see their promotional dvd. We received it from a Haganah school that was trying to sell the program. From what I've seen it looks legit but I would try a class before making any decisions.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
patroldawg27 said:
I haven't tried it but I did see their promotional dvd. We received it from a Haganah school that was trying to sell the program. From what I've seen it looks legit but I would try a class before making any decisions.

Good advice. From what little I've seen of it, it appears to be heavily oriented towards realistic self-defence. If there was a program in my area, I'd probably try a class myself.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I haven't had the opportunity to attend any seminars featuring the FIGHT system, but I have extesively viewed the DVDs. The entire set is high quality instruction. I am hoping to attend a seminar in person one of these days.

The material is straight forward, well presented and vicious.

My two cents

seal

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
There's a school right around the corner from where I work that offers the FIGHT program as the major part of its curriculum. My understanding is that it's based on Haganah, similar to Krav Maga, but I know that it's offered in other areas, too.

Has anyone tried it? How was it for you?

I'm kind of bitter and very down on the whole commercialization of Krav Maga. The FIGHT program is a certification course. I look at the instructor or instructors who teach art or course. I'd say check it out and do some research on the school and the instructors and who they learned from.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
seal said:
I'm kind of bitter and very down on the whole commercialization of Krav Maga. The FIGHT program is a certification course. I look at the instructor or instructors who teach art or course. I'd say check it out and do some research on the school and the instructors and who they learned from.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. The commercialization has, in the opinion of a number of martial artists I respect, seriously downgraded the overall quality of instruction of the KM system.

However; for a quick-fix self-defence program, I'd look into it. You make a good point, though.

Welcome to Martial Talk, BTW!

seal

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks! A program like FIGHT is a positive contribution to the self-defense community. But all instructionals are anchored by the quality of instruction.

I had a long phone conversation with Major Nardia recently and he cleared up a lot of puzzling issues I've had with Israeli martial arts. No matter what art you choose, the quality of instruction and reputation are important factors.

Latest Discussions