Online Shopping

Q

Quick Sand

I guess this is partly geared to the Canadians on here, but not exclusively. I'm thinking about buying some equipment online and I was wondering if people had advice about it. I'm in Canada.

Does it make a different if you order from a Canadian or an American store? (other then exchange of course)

Does if matter if it's a smaller store or should I go with one of the big companies such as Century?

Can people suggest a good store to order from? I'm looking for general equipment like sparring gear, nothing fancy.

Thanks all.

OP
G

GouRonin

www.ringside.com has some good stuff. It is in the USA so you'll pay duty etc. They are my fave equipment supplier.

Renegade runs "The Warrior's Den" and he can pretty much get you anything you want in the USA. If you talk with him he'll help you out. Again though, US dollar$.

There is a good local supplier in my town that is decent. Canadian Prices.

It all depends on what you are looking for.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Make sure you have it shipped reglar mail. Unless it's an emergency.

I bought twice from the same company (American). Both items approximately the same value. The first purchase was shipped regular mail, the second shipped courier.

The courier came first (the regular mail was pruchase a coulple days before the second) On delivery I owed additional "duty", nearly the same price as the initial purchase. Doubling the price of my purchase.

The regular mail came about 5 to 7 days later. I paid $8.00 additional duty.

Specify that you want the cheapest for of shipment. You may still have to pay duty but not nearly as much.

check for Canadian stores at least you won't have to pay duty.

Dot :asian: