On Line Self Defense

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This probably be better posted in the computer section of MT but the tips are awfully a lot more like self-defense techs than the usual malware/virus blocking.

Not following tips (and others) like these makes you just as vunerable to robbery (which is what it really is) on line as out on the streets. Exposing yourself to hackers and ID-thieves is just as bad as counting a wad of money out in the open in a bad neighborhood.

Read on!
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Is-It-Safe-to-Bank-usnews-4209634978.html?x=0

Any other tips that you feel are useful then by all means post here! :asian:

I don't bank on line and don't use credit/debit cards so I'm not too worried. Although I have used my debit card for a few on line purchases they've been limited and on sites (like MT) that I trust. For everything else... cash. Don't like it I'll take my business and my money elsewhere.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Keep you virus checkers up to date.

Just as you keep situational awareness when walking around, do the same when surfing the 'net.

Always know there are people out there with the skills and desire to steal your money.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I tend to save my passwords on my home computer, but NEVER on my Droid. It's way too easy to accidentally drop it somewhere (not that I have! yet.) Happily, I have yet to be hacked or successfully phished.

It makes a good point about downloading apps though. Thank you for that.

Latest Discussions