On Dr. Beasley

Dr. Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Boy, I'm gone a few weeks, and I miss all the fun.

However, I enjoyed the thread by Dr. Beasley. It's nice to know one can train, learn, and be treated like a professional for a change.

Thanks to the Mods for locking that thread up, and keeping order!:asian:

D

dosandojang

I joined his Org for a year. I did not go far with it, as I decided the Independent route was not really right for me. I am WTF, but even want to get away from them too....Say, Independent, but without an Org like AIKIA.

OP
D

Dr. Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
dosandojang said:
I joined his Org for a year. I did not go far with it, as I decided the Independent route was not really right for me. I am WTF, but even want to get away from them too....Say, Independent, but without an Org like AIKIA.
May I ask, what did you find wrong with it? This is the first time someone has openly complained about it. (what little I've read on it)

Thanks, and Respects:asian:

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not all orgs fit all people, and if you're banner waving, you're more likely to pick up a few less than thrilled folks in regards to any of them.

Would any of the following get a large group of people all giving the thumbs up, with no complaints? "What do you guys think about Tracy's Kenpo?", "What do you guys think about the USTF?", or "What do you guys think about Straightblast Gym?"

I'm betting they'd all descend into flame wars sooner or later. (Probably sooner.)

D

dosandojang

I am NOT insulting Dr. B! I just have some things that I did not think his Org could help me with. Example, I am on the West Coast, and I cannot afford to make it across the US for most of his Seminars, Camps, etc. Also, being in the Major Orgs (WTF, IJF, WTSDF, etc.) , but HATING their Politics, puts me in messes with the powers that be. Trust me, I HATE KMA politics, but it is VERY hard to run a reputable school without being part of one or all of them. WTF is horrible. Did you see what Dr. Kim did to all of us?????

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dr. Kim has stepped down, his replacement has assumed the office, and the WTF will carry on. Changes will undoubtably be made.

I agree with the previous posting. Anytime you come on MT to wave the banner of your organization and self promote, you invite trouble. As Joe Friday might have said "just the facts, ma'am".

OP
D

Dr. Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
dosandojang said:
I am NOT insulting Dr. B! I just have some things that I did not think his Org could help me with. Example, I am on the West Coast, and I cannot afford to make it across the US for most of his Seminars, Camps, etc. Also, being in the Major Orgs (WTF, IJF, WTSDF, etc.) , but HATING their Politics, puts me in messes with the powers that be. Trust me, I HATE KMA politics, but it is VERY hard to run a reputable school without being part of one or all of them. WTF is horrible. Did you see what Dr. Kim did to all of us?????
This is the problem I face. Being that I'm in Texas, as they are, and I'd like to be more involved in my TKD group, but distance, and the money's a pain. I also feel I do not get any support. They won't even answer an email from me. I hate it when some people think they're too good to respond to a simple "hello." It costs them nothing, but boy, if I show up for a seminar, or whatever, that means more money for them, then they're all friendly.:mad:

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zepp said:
I think that AIKIA thread is an example of why the KMA section could use its own moderator.

I agree with there. I thought there was one...but there isn't one apparently now. TW

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
Dr. Kim has stepped down, his replacement has assumed the office, and the WTF will carry on. Changes will undoubtably be made.

I agree with the previous posting. Anytime you come on MT to wave the banner of your organization and self promote, you invite trouble. As Joe Friday might have said "just the facts, ma'am".
Amen :) Dr. Kim's replacement is GM UHM, Woon Kyu, one of the most senior Taekwondoin in the world. We are in excellent hands.

Miles

D

dosandojang

Is GM UHM, Woon Kyu a REAL 9th or 10th Dan? I have heard that the 4 or 5 that claim 10th Dan in Tae Kwon Do, one or two have been revoked. I just hope he runs things better than Dr. Kim did! As for Dr. Beasley, PLEASE let me make it CLEAR, that he is a VERY GOOD, HONEST, and HUMBLE Martial Arts Grand Master! He started and still runs AIKIA for SINCERE reasons! I NEVER meant for any negative to come to him from my post! I truly believe in him and what he does, and for that, I will ALWAYS SUPPORT him with FULL LOYALTY! As a matter of fact, he is upgrading and changing a lot of things to better it, and I will do my best to help him in any way I can! In fact, I am most likely going to re-join his newly structured Org. in 2005'! Peace!

Tae Kwon!
Pil Sung!

Gizmo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Miles said:
Amen :) Dr. Kim's replacement is GM UHM, Woon Kyu, one of the most senior Taekwondoin in the world. We are in excellent hands.

Dr Kim's replacement in the position of WTF president is Choue Chung Won and not GM Uhm. GM Uhm is the current president of the Kukkiwon. He is a 9th Dan since 1975.

Gizmo

D

dosandojang

Miles

So this is wrong?????

Latest Discussions