ok, Rousey is the real deal, clearly

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone will be working out how to defeat her, which can only be to the good of women's MMA in that the more good fighters there are, the better the fights and the bigger the audience. Whether someone will defeat her remains to be seen but it's going to be excellent watching good fighters try, All fighters need something to work for and to keep them motivated.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Someone will be working out how to defeat her, which can only be to the good of women's MMA in that the more good fighters there are, the better the fights and the bigger the audience. Whether someone will defeat her remains to be seen but it's going to be excellent watching good fighters try, All fighters need something to work for and to keep them motivated.

I think that's the nature of the sport. Someone will be able to watch enough film of her (or anyone) and be able to put together a game plan to beat her and have the ability to put that plan into effect. It's definately alot harder for an MMA fighter to be unbeaten for long in their pro career due to the changing nature of the sport and the rock/paper/scissors gameplan that can happen. Boxing, you only have to worry about one skill set. Wrestling, you only have to worry about one skill set. BJJ, you only have to worry about one skill set. Now add all those together with even more variable skill sets and you have alot of ways to negate things.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can only be good for women's MMA if they have a target to aim for, it will keep Rousey on her game and encourage others to get good enough to beat her. As they say win-win!.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
sort of hard to argue with success......
You are right but the sport won't grow from a female perspective until somebody keeps her standing and makes a competitive fight out of it.....1st round arm bars are cool but that will not grow the sport for women.

SuperFLY

Green Belt
Reaction score
You are right but the sport won't grow from a female perspective until somebody keeps her standing and makes a competitive fight out of it.....1st round arm bars are cool but that will not grow the sport for women.
but of course thats not ronda's fault is it?

until someone has the skill to counter her and keeps it standing ronda's gonna do what she does best.. snap arms..

she does want to win of course and if people give her an opening she gonna take it

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but of course thats not ronda's fault is it?

until someone has the skill to counter her and keeps it standing ronda's gonna do what she does best.. snap arms..

she does want to win of course and if people give her an opening she gonna take it

Nobody was saying it was her 'fault', we were commenting on women's MMA. I'm sure, in fact I know, there are women out there who have as much, some even more than her talent but there's a lot of difficulty in getting matched, being taken seriously and being able to find the coaches, sparring partners and facilites to be able to compete on a professional basis. We have a good man excellent male fighters here who cannot make a living or be professional fighters, twice as hard for female fighters. We are all working hard to make women's MMA ( and mens for that matter) better and we will get there one day but it's slow progress.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am a huge Ronda Rousey fan! Great Athlete! Great fighter! We are about five good fights away from WMMA getting it's just placE!

Kenpo5.0Hawker

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Ronda's as well. It's hard not to be. She is good. For me there is more to it than just that. My daughter saw Ronda's first fight and was very inspired by Ronda. That lady has really inspired female fighter young and old. That is too cool.

Tom

Latest Discussions