Ok, I don't know how to do quotes

aquadancer

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, just joined. Have avoided doing quotes in forums, think I'd better learn how as things get involved here.
I finally figured out to click on the little quote symbol. Later I discovered the multiquote symbol [so that's how people do that]. Unfortunately, my replies also end up in the grey quote boxes, so that my replies look like part of the quote, and I end up in a mess. Help me.
aquadancer

OP
A

aquadancer

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, just joined. Have avoided doing quotes in forums, think I'd better learn how as things get involved here.
I finally figured out to click on the little quote symbol. Later I discovered the multiquote symbol [so that's how people do that]. Unfortunately, my replies also end up in the grey quote boxes, so that my replies look like part of the quote, and I end up in a mess. Help me.
See what I mean?
aquadancer

aquadancer

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the word quote inbetween these [ ] at the beginning of whatever it is that you want to quote. At the end, do the same thing, but put a / before the word quote.

You can do this as many times as you'd like, for whatever you wish to quote.

OP
A

aquadancer

White Belt
Reaction score
Put the word quote inbetween these [ ] at the beginning of whatever it is that you want to quote. At the end, do the same thing, but put a / before the word quote.

I am seeing if it works. The quote is already between brackets at the beginning.

You can do this as many times as you'd like, for whatever you wish to quote.

I am keeping you busy today, MJS. Just previewed this, and OMG, it worked! [does my excitement give away that not much I do on computer works?] I am self-taught, sorta like what some of the members said when I mentioned teaching myself martial arts.
aquadancer

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am seeing if it works. The quote is already between brackets at the beginning.

I am keeping you busy today, MJS. Just previewed this, and OMG, it worked! [does my excitement give away that not much I do on computer works?] I am self-taught, sorta like what some of the members said when I mentioned teaching myself martial arts.
aquadancer

Yes, when you hit the quote button, it'll quote the entire post, but you can break that up accordingly, which you've already done. :)

As for keeping me busy...not a problem. Glad I could help. :) This is helping me pass the time while at work. :)

drwhitefield

White Belt
Reaction score
I am seeing if it works, sorta like what some of the members said when I mentioned teaching myself martial arts.
aquadancer

Hey you're a good learner aquadancer! You can edit what's inside the quote boxes as well...!

Latest Discussions