Ohio Temperatures Conversion Chart

Randy Strausbaugh said:
@+70 degrees:
Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear.
People in Ohio go swimming in the rivers.

LOL.

I grew up in central Indiana - which has similar weather to central OH - then lived in Dayton for 5 or 6 years before moving to TX for a year and a half. One day in early December in TX - it was in the upper 40s or lower 50s - I walked into a convenience store wearing shorts, sandals and a t-shirt. Everyone else was wearing winter coats. The cashier looked at me and said, "My god! Don't you realize it's winter!?" I said, "Not where I'm from. This is still late summer or early fall weather for me." I got a lot of strange looks in TX.

Mike

Well like they say. If you don't like the weather in Cleveland(Ohio). Just wait a minute... It snowed like crazy 4/02/05, and 2 days before that we hit the high 50's, and better.

By His Grace,
1st John 1:9

donald said:
Well like they say. If you don't like the weather in Cleveland(Ohio). Just wait a minute... It snowed like crazy 4/02/05, and 2 days before that we hit the high 50's, and better.

By His Grace,
1st John 1:9

LOL. Yup. We had the same saying in IN - if you don't like the weather, don't worry ... it'll change in a couple of minutes.

And my wife & I saw some of that snow you guys got. We were up in Canada and on our way back on 4/3. Just east of Erie we ran into what I assume was the same storm that passed through Cleveland on 4/2. It was not fun. It took us about 3 hours to drive 6 miles down I-90 W. We stopped at a truck stop. My wife wound up hip deep in a drift and fell 2 or 3 times getting into the restaurant. We sat down and ordered food and as they were about to cook our order the power went out. We grabbed some stuff - majorly sub par stuff, I might add - off the buffet before it cooled down but it didn't really do us right. Then we got back in the car - I love 4 wheel drive - and hit the road. We made it to I-79 S at Erie and within an hour we were out of the snow and the roads were clear. By the time we reached Pittsburgh the sky was blue and the sun was shining. We had expected to get back to Louisville by 7 or 8 PM on 4/3. Instead, we got home at about 2 AM on 4/4 and both of us had stuff to do in the morning today so neither of us wound up getting much sleep.

Mike

lol, all this talk of degrees in Faranheit is confusing. Us antipodean types get a major shock to the system if the temperature drops below zero C. On the plus side though, we cope well with the 45 degree summer days. Heck, winter in Sydney last year was warmer than Summer somewhere in the US (forget the name of the place).

Latest Discussions

Back