Oh gawd, i don't think I'll survive this ....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, it's not exactly puberty, but generally related I suppose....

Aside from the fact that EVERYTHING I say is being either challenged or greeted/answered with a disapproving grunt.....

The kid managed t wedge 2 chopsticks into the slide of his trombone...seems when trying to get it out, I myself (pads self on shoulder) managed to bend something...oye veh...

now, tomorrow...the band had a big concert in front of the music teachers conference of the state...

best time, no?

Oh, right, i told the kid to not clean the instrument....

please, shoot me now!

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Try to remember how you felt about your parents at that age. Then think what (if you have any idea) changed you to understand you (and your peers) didn't know everything after all. Apply that.

Of course, it probably won't work, but it will distract you for a while.
biggrin.gif

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A close friend of mine (I served with her in the 80's in Germany)has a daughter serving in the Corps overseas. A helo went down with large loss of life. The family is waiting for word. Not to be morbid but enjoy today for what it is, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Regards
Brian King

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Try to remember how you felt about your parents at that age. Then think what (if you have any idea) changed you to understand you (and your peers) didn't know everything after all. Apply that.

Of course, it probably won't work, but it will distract you for a while.
biggrin.gif

I was a good girl! :angel:

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A close friend of mine (I served with her in the 80's in Germany)has a daughter serving in the Corps overseas. A helo went down with large loss of life. The family is waiting for word. Not to be morbid but enjoy today for what it is, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Regards
Brian King

Yes, indeed. It does put petty stuff in perspective.

In any case, the kid went to the concert, with the old horn, and not a flat note to be heard.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score

Regards
Brian King

I'm hoping there has been no news, which will by this time then hopefully mean your friend's daughter is safe.

Latest Discussions