Obama Biden 08

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, the way to be the "Post Racial" Candidate is to choose a running mate who gets a pass on making racial comments?
What CHANGE is there in choosing a white male VP?
What CHANGE is there in choosing a career politician?
What CHANGE is there in choosing someone who has been in the Senate since 72?
There is a common term to answer the above questions, said term is eight letters long and describes bovine droppings.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the way to be the "Post Racial" Candidate is to choose a running mate who gets a pass on making racial comments?
What CHANGE is there in choosing a white male VP?
What CHANGE is there in choosing a career politician?
What CHANGE is there in choosing someone who has been in the Senate since 72?
There is a common term to answer the above questions, said term is eight letters long and describes bovine droppings.

What CHOICE would have made you happy? If he'd chosen a black candidate, or a woman, or Hillary, or even Chuck Hagel, you'd have something negative to say about it...

What CHOICE did he have that wasn't a "career politician?" Granted, Biden's been a Senator since he was 29, but there isn't really any other kind, is there?

What other word would you use to describe anything that comes from the Democratic party, or Obama's candidacy? :lol:

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What CHOICE would have made you happy? If he'd chosen a black candidate, or a woman, or Hillary, or even Chuck Hagel, you'd have something negative to say about it...

What CHOICE did he have that wasn't a "career politician?"
There used to be these people called STATESMEN, used to be...
Granted, Biden's been a Senator since he was 29, but there isn't really any other kind, is there?

What other word would you use to describe anything that comes from the Democratic party, or Obama's candidacy? :lol:
Maybe instead of Change we can believe in Obama ought campaign on "SAME we can believe in"...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Biden is a great choice. He is competent. He has real foriegn policy experience. And I agree with his policy positions on almost every issue! He'll have to get past the gaff from his presidential run on the eighties and watch what he says a little more than he tends to but overall I'm pleased with the choice. :)

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-I think Biden is a good choice. Isn't he the chair of the Senate Foreign Relations thingy? John McCain carries on about how he has experience and Obama doesn't; well it seems to me that Biden is a good balance for that. In fact, Biden has served longer than McCain. Of course, politics being politics, you have McCain claiming his service in the gov't as a plus, then some would turn around and say he is part of the broken gov't, then others could turn around and say the same of Biden. Kinda silly, this vicious cycle, especially since I think most people want to know what the nominee is going to do, not so much where they've come from. The past deeds of individuals can only measure so much, and then we have to take it on faith that they will serve the country well.

-As far as Hillary is concerned, last year, back before it came down to Hillary and Barack, people who leaned towards the left, simply wanted Republicans out of office, having had enough of the last 7 years of Bush rule. The desire was to get a Democrat into office. That changed and grew hostile when it came down to the last two for the nomination. Now it seems that some of those people out there who didn't get their choice of nominee will simply vote for the other side, which makes no sense to me. What happen to getting a Democrat into the White House?

Politics. Kinda silly.

Andrew

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
i wish he would have picked Hillary

no really.

his voters,plus her voters, they might have won
My personal opinion is that Hillary drives away as many votes as she would gain for the ticket. There are a lot of moderate conservatives who might vote for Obama who would never, ever, ever... ever vote for a Clinton.

Biden's going to have to get past the Plagiarism crap that will follow him from his Presidential bid in the 80's. He'll also have to avoid putting his foot in his mouth. But he's a strong intellect and a guy with a strong voting record that actually (for a change) well represents his stated position on a variety of issues.

Another chink in his record is his voting in favor of invading Iraq. A lot is being made (and I expect that the Conservative slander machine will hit this hard) of both Obama and Biden voting in favor of invading Iraq. I don't think that any of these are serious, but you never know how it will be spun. EVERYONE, with very little exception, supported President Bush for a period of time after 9/11. There was a period of unparalleled solidarity and no one, politician or otherwise, wanted to be the first to raise their hand and ask the question, "What the hell are we doing?"

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if Obama is actually a closet Republican and is actually trying to LOSE this election!!!
I doubt he has any conservative leanings, but, then, there are a number of elected republicans who don't have any either.
Obama screwed the pooch. Given millions of dollars, a base that hates the opposition with an almost holy fervor, and an opponent who isn't MR Popularity in his OWN party, the election was Obama's to lose, and I think he did the second he said Biden. Not because Joe is $300K in debt, (yep, on a $165K salary after 35 years in the senate) Not because Joe called Obama good looking, clean and articulate, (for which Joe got slapped around a bit) not because of Joe's "Slight Indian accent" gaffe, but because even with a 35 year record in the Senate behind Joe, there still isn't much there there with Obama. Joe doesn't bring the Gravitas Cheney supposedly brought to Bush in 2000, because Joe is not now, nor has he ever been known as the serious player Cheney was and is known for being.
Joe Biden is an also ran democratic presidential candidate, one of the many, none of whom are ever treated very well by their fellow democrats.
Biden isn't kooky enough to bring in the kooks nor conservative (ha! Joe Biden, conservative, Ha!) enough to bring in the more conservative democrats or to steal any votes from McCain/Whoever. Hell, this very well might hinge on McCain's running mate.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I doubt he has any conservative leanings, but, then, there are a number of elected republicans who don't have any either.
Obama screwed the pooch. Given millions of dollars, a base that hates the opposition with an almost holy fervor, and an opponent who isn't MR Popularity in his OWN party, the election was Obama's to lose, and I think he did the second he said Biden. Not because Joe is $300K in debt, (yep, on a $165K salary after 35 years in the senate) Not because Joe called Obama good looking, clean and articulate, (for which Joe got slapped around a bit) not because of Joe's "Slight Indian accent" gaffe, but because even with a 35 year record in the Senate behind Joe, there still isn't much there there with Obama. Joe doesn't bring the Gravitas Cheney supposedly brought to Bush in 2000, because Joe is not now, nor has he ever been known as the serious player Cheney was and is known for being.
Joe Biden is an also ran democratic presidential candidate, one of the many, none of whom are ever treated very well by their fellow democrats.
Biden isn't kooky enough to bring in the kooks nor conservative (ha! Joe Biden, conservative, Ha!) enough to bring in the more conservative democrats or to steal any votes from McCain/Whoever. Hell, this very well might hinge on McCain's running mate.

I was being sarcastic. LOL

With the mess Bush has left this country in you'd think the Dem's could get almost anyone elected! Yet...McCain manages to stay in the hunt. ROFLMAO

I have to laugh about it because the other option would be to sink into a deep depression over my choices this November. My own party couldn't even pick a decent candidate. I mean...Bob Barr?!?! Seriously!?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Isn't the biggest criticism of Obama that he lacks experience, especially in foriegn policy issues? Isn't that exactly wht Biden brings to the table?

I'll admit to not having heard of the guy until the announcement, but I get the impression that is what he was choosen for. (Although to be honest his internet and copywrite stances worry me, and those sorts of things Canada often gets pressured into following suit on.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Obama said Hillary wasn't fit to be president because she voted for the Iraq war. Biden voted for the Iraq war as well, but, he is fit to be VP?

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Isn't the biggest criticism of Obama that he lacks experience, especially in foriegn policy issues?
That is one of many, including his questionable judgment in choosing friends and associates, being a stuffed shirt, etc...
Obama really doesn't have much going for him experience or judgment wise.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Obama said Hillary wasn't fit to be president because she voted for the Iraq war. Biden voted for the Iraq war as well, but, he is fit to be VP?

Robin wasn't fit to be Batman because he wore short shorts, but he was fit to be Robin.

Played right it could end up working for him, he choose someone that he respects, has experience, but doesn't always agree on. If they use this to show that he is not going to surround himself by "yes men" and wants people that will make him question his instincts it could play out well for them.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry BD but he must have something he won the party choice, I do not like any of them so I really do not care and I am moving to Disney World.

jkembry

Black Belt
Reaction score
Biden's going to have to get past the Plagiarism crap that will follow him from his Presidential bid in the 80's. He'll also have to avoid putting his foot in his mouth. But he's a strong intellect and a guy with a strong voting record that actually (for a change) well represents his stated position on a variety of issues.

Ahhh....the biggest question does indeed involve the hoof in mouth disease. Biden is, and has been, very vocal on things he believes. I am curious to know if he will be able to take backstage when needed and let Obama take the front of the stage?

Latest Discussions