MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
19 pounds!!
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93042?fp=1
19.2 Pound Bundle of Joy

by Mike Krumboltz 6 hours ago
Attention moms! Can we have your attention please? To everyone who likes to brag about giving birth to 8, 9, even 10-lb. babies, we advise you keep quiet around Ani from Indonesia. The woman recently delivered a 19.2-lb. bruiser, the heaviest newborn ever recorded in the country.Ani's epic delivery scored a lot of attention in the Search box. After the "Today" show ran a segment and Al Roker and Matt Lauer made some lighthearted jokes, lookups on "19 pound baby," "indonesian baby," and "heaviest baby ever" all spiked immediately.
And pictures? Oh my, the baby's pictures were also hugely popular. Queries for "19 pound baby photos" jumped from nil into the thousands, and photos within Yahoo! News are drawing big clicks. Not surprisingly, the baby is said to require "near constant feeding."
For those wondering if this baby boy (as of yet unnamed, but we suggest "Hulk") is the heaviest newborn in history, the answer is no.

Below, check out the segment from "Today."

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
While it's unusual for a baby to be so big, I am not suprised that this happened in a third world country. The number one reason for exceptionally large infants is gestational diabetes. This is not something that would go unnoticed or untreated in the US except in exceptionally rare cases where the woman simple ignores the available prenatal care. Even in Indonesia, it's likely that this woman was from a lower class and did not have ready access to medical care.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I second the "ouch!" and raise you a "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh." I had a 10 pounder by section, and it was quite an ordeal. That article made my uterus hurt.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My niece is 13 months old and 21 pounds.
A newborn the size of a one year old, that baby is HUGE.