No time to Read those Bills!

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Nice to see...nice to know...they are human too...

just like us? ....

...looks like governement sponsor computer games...must be OK for them to use it????

Aloha,

JDenver

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Because while mere mortals may work 8 or 10 hours per day, we must expect elected officials to spend every waking minute working.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Because while mere mortals may work 8 or 10 hours per day, we must expect elected officials to spend every waking minute working.

Really now? Show me who said that? Can you? Or are you being intentionally Obtuse, as usual?

But hey, to address that OUTLANDISH statement, No, not every waking moment... only when they are supposed to be "At work". When I read that Caption, it sounds to me like they were being addressed by Lawrence F. Cafero Jr at the time, and instead of paying attention, they were playing solitaire.

Perhaps, up in the Great White North, its acceptable to go out and Shave the Town Moose while doing your Sherrifin' or whatnot, but considering the fact that down here, we have "Officals" like this signing off on 100 page bills they dont read, or even know the contents of, seeing this sort of thing riles me a bit. If they want to do it between speakers, or while waiting for a session to start, fine. But that doesnt appear to be the case. Heck, you know what? I post to Martialtalk when I work, and I play games on the PC here too. My boss knows, and he doesnt care, but you can bet I'd lose my job if I did that when I should be taking calls, if I was ignoring alarms or doing that when I should be listening to our users describe their problems. When I am dealing with actual work, that stuff STOPS. I expect AT LEAST that level of from our Leaders and Officials who make decisions that effect LIVES. If they can't commit that much... maybe they need a job doing somthing less Vital.

Could you imagine going in for open heart surgery, and the surgeon stopping to play a round of Farkle in the middle, becaus he has your attitude that "Because while mere mortals may work 8 or 10 hours per day, we must expect Surgeons to spend every waking minute working?" And more to the point would you GO to that surgeon?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I worked for the Navy as a contractor one summer, playing games and even reading the news on a govt. computer got you in trouble.

jetboatdeath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Perhaps, up in the Great White North, its acceptable to go out and Shave the Town Moose while doing your Sherrifin' or whatnot

LOL now that’s a signature...

But more to the point these "people" need...
oh never mind the flood of Libs in here makes it all pointless...
To even find this excitable speaks so much for what is wrong in this once great nation....

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, What is expected...will not be the same for our own expections of our selves....

Easy to complain about a snow on the neighbor roof first...than look at ours...old Chinese saying..

What is solatire? .....train by one self?

Aloha,

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

No, only when they're discussing whether and how to spend trillions of taxpayer dollars. Pretty please. If it's not too much to ask.

Latest Discussions