No name title

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Master Stoker,

Glad to hear about your efforts. I'm doing the same thing. Excellent advice thus far! I concur with those who advise against the thermal suits. First, this is not the kind of weight loss you want or need. Second, there are extreme dangers here. Many people have damaged internal organs and even died from misuse of these types of suits - - risks of heart attacks, cooking your liver, boiling your brain, and other health problems (there are those who really over-do the suits). Any use of these suits are a risk, and mainly work on temporary water loss (like others have said here), so I suggest not at all.

This advice goes for others reading here too in the future. Don't exercise in a sauna, or hot shower room (I know you said you were just sitting in one, but I would do that rarely, also). Sweating profusely to lose weight is very dangerous (on a side note: so is repeated tanning in tanning beds and tanning rooms to get that quick tan - - people have died from that too). For weight loss, slow, steady fat burning exercises are healthy and results last longer. When I was in High School Wrestling in the 70s, the coaches all pushed for weight loss - - "try to make the next lower weight class." They encouraged all the wrong methods (didn't know as much back then as we do now!). You should fight where you are comfortable and healthy, not weak from rapid weight loss.

Get your food intake healthy, and steady. Don't deprive, but don't indulge. Carol Kaur is exactly right! Get your heart rate slightly elevated (not too high - you should be able to breathe, not pant). Run, run, run! If you are not accustomed to running, start with short distances, use a tread mill, or jogging trampoline (rebounder). Skip rope! Weight lift to increase some muscle mass to burn more calories. You will be stronger, and lose the weight. Outdoor cycling is better than stationary (you have to maintain balance and negotiate hills (plus fresh air). Swimming is great exercise, but typically does little for weight loss (but I just love to swim in a pool anyhow).

Remember, what you weigh is not as important as what your body fat percentage is. Bones, muscle, tissue, and some fat is healthy, and all weigh something. Be more concerned with getting fit, and improving your stamina - - for that, you could throw the scales in the garbage!

Good Luck, and maybe I'll see you at the nationals! :ultracool

CM D.J. Eisenhart

Master Eisenhart I hope so Florida abd the AAU will be very relaxing.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So far the amphetamine diet seems to be working fine. Thirty pounds in a couple months because I get sick to my stomach when I eat too much. Less weight, less ADHD. Better living through Chemistry! :shrug:

I sincerely hope you're not suggesting that Terry use amphetamines solely for weight loss - that is unsafe, and closely controlled (if one gets them from a doctor). See here, here, and here for details. The use of drugs for weight loss has potentially serious problems which can be much worse than not losing the weight.

If you meant this to be taken tongue-in-cheek, then I apologize - but in the toneless medium of print, it can often be hard to tell.