Ninjutsu Scroll

Shinobi89

White Belt
Reaction score
I have found some where that sells a TOGAKURE-RYU scroll, is this just a remake? What can I expect to be inside (they don't really show anything)?

Thanks again

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi,

I would really need a bit more information before anything could be said about the scroll... do you have a link to it?

That said, the only "true" copies of the Densho for Togakure Ryu (or the other Ninjutsu-related arts, for that matter) would be those held by the current headmaster/s of the system/s or branches (Hatsumi Sensei, Tanemura Sensei, or a few others). Other versions would most likely be simply either copies (probably personal interpretations), or just outright fakes.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this what you are referencing? http://cgi.ebay.com/NINJA-NINPO-NIN...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Then one only needs to match it up with this to see the quality that they are selling: http://cgi.ebay.com/NINJA-NINPO-NIN...photoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

It is your choice on what you spend your money on!

Best to find a good instructor and train and supplement your training with DVD's, book's and more from the source ie. Hatsumi Sensei!
icon6.gif

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more! There really is no substitute for a good, quality instructor who can guide you personally through the subtle details of the art... remember, it's often what isn't written in the scrolls that is the most important. But if you can't find a teacher, look to things like Hatsumi Sensei's Togakure DVD, and his latest book Unarmed Fighting Techniques of the Samurai, as it has all the techniques of Togakure Ryu as well as the other main lineages of the Bujinkan written out for you... but you will still probably need a teacher who understands the kata to get the most out of the skills. The DVD and book are best treated as supplements. Enjoy!

Latest Discussions