Ninja Warriors?

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone see the show Ninja Warriors on the G4 channel? I just caught the tail end of an episode. Looked intersting. I guess it is a "challange game show" from overseas?

http://www.g4tv.com/ninjawarrior/index.html
I've seen it a few times :) It was pretty cool! However, they tend to repeat the same shows over and over alot... The challenges are pretty interesting. Wish they would have fresh episodes :)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I caught an episode the other day. I think it would be a little more fun to watch if the commentators were Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I caught an episode the other day. I think it would be a little more fun to watch if the commentators were Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano.

"and there they fall into the septic sludge! hope they can afford the laundry bill!" hehehe

it would be a bit more fun, but honestly, the stunts are entertaining enough to not need great commentary, IMHO

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's Japanese and is a physical challenge show, based on obstacle courses.
(It's on every night at 6:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. here in New York.)

Each competition starts out with 100 competitors. There's 4 level of challenges that are timed. Only those who complete level 1 in the allowable time move on to level 2 (and so forth). I believe, there are at least 2 competitions each year.

I think that in the entire history of the show (maybe 10 years?), there has only been one person to complete all 4 levels in the allowable time(s).

They've had U.S. Olympic Gymnasts like the Hamm brothers on there.

The thing that surprises me are the regular guys that do so well. There's a Japanese Fisherman and a Japanese Fireman and a Japanese Garbageman who each competiton, regularly make it to level 3 - these guys aren't pro athletes just regular working guys who are amazingly strong and athletic.