ninja shoes by nike

E

Elfan

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hmm actaully if there was a good use for "ninja shoes" a pair that you could get away with in public woudn't be that bad of an idea. But I can't really recall the last time I yearned for some split toed shoes.

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
that's hilarious...but at the same time, pretty damn cool i must say. to be honest i'd wear them around just to see what kind of reaction i would get, especially in summertime!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't laugh! Ive been looking for those! We train in Tabi, but the "typical" tabi boots are ICKYBAD on like rocks and other outdoor envrionments... so a lot of the guys (and gals) have given up Tabi in favor of wrestling shoes...

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Technopunk
Don't laugh! Ive been looking for those! We train in Tabi, but the "typical" tabi boots are ICKYBAD on like rocks and other outdoor envrionments... so a lot of the guys (and gals) have given up Tabi in favor of wrestling shoes...

well then...those should be right up your alley...:)

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you look at the shoe from a medical perspective, it might not be that bad.

Your big toe should be able to move more feely than in a normal shoe, and this shoe maybe gives your foot that possiblity.

/Yari

OP
L

LB_Karateka

White Belt
Reaction score
i recently tried to find these shoes at the niketown in LA. i was informed that the geniuses at nike decided to discontinue this shoe. i was told there might be a chance they will re-release it in about a year but its not for sure.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
LB_Karateka said:
i recently tried to find these shoes at the niketown in LA. i was informed that the geniuses at nike decided to discontinue this shoe. i was told there might be a chance they will re-release it in about a year but its not for sure.

Any word on the re-release?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
mrhnau said:
Any word on the re-release?

Dont bother waiting. Go to royal elastics and get a pair of Chedals. Availible now. They only come in black and pink tho.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Dont bother waiting. Go to royal elastics and get a pair of Chedals. Availible now. They only come in black and pink tho.

Dude, my size 13 pink tabi will be sure to instill fear in my enemies!

I'll check out Chedals. thanks!

MrH

Cyber Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
My wife actually owns a pair...light purple. She says they are very comfortable. The funny thing is Nike made them as unisex, but stores sold them mainly for women. Anyhow, I prefer my regular outdoor tabi.

:2xBird2:

P

Peter Steeves

I remember when these first came out - I first saw them dropping a friend off at the airport and I was a little surprised at the price, so didn't pick them up.

Then, I found an article about them in the newspaper, and through some pretty long and difficult reading (I was living in Japan at the time, and still needed to study a lot to understand newspapers) . . . the article mentioned that having something between your big toe and the other toe actually improves your balance!

So, along with showing the wonderful properties of outdoor tabi for construction workers (by FAR the main users of them in Japan), the article concluded that they were a great idea.

If the balane thing is true, then I wonder why other manufacturers haven't simply stuck something into that spot in their sneakers/shoes before or since... might be a VERY good idea.

I'll check out that site, too. If they aren't as silly looking as the Nike ones (they DO look a little feminine-color-schemed to me), then I'd certainly pick up a pair to try.

Latest Discussions