Night Deposit Paranoia

T

TonyM.

Robbers stake out night deposit drops. I knew a store owner that was robbed at gunpoint four times in a rural location in the seventies. When he started carrying a pistol in plain sight in a holster on his hip it never happened again. I shudder to think about night drops in more populated areas.

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If you do this on your own or without protection, change the time you do it, vary your route and drive 10 kms under the speed limit....... if it's enough $$ to plan a robbery for, it'll throw off their timing.

cheers

BL

S

Shidan

lonecoyote said:
I've been making night deposits from my job lately and the drive through is kind of a blind alley situation so I've been thinking about getting out of the car because I might feel like less of a sitting duck. My dad was assaulted and stabbed out in California about 40 yrs ago while making a night deposit. I may arm myself. Thing is, it may be that I'm a little paranoid. Am I? I've read that hyperalertness may be as dangerous as not being aware enough. Is this true? Carrying a ridiculous amount of money tends to make me a little freaked out. Am I alone in this? What's the best way to deal with this?
I used to make night deposits and was paranoid as well. I then started insisting that another employee either follow in another car or occasionally ride along.

The company didn't care that I'd allow an employee an extra 15 minutes of time to accomplish this, but they didn't think it was a 'problem'.

I eventually just found other employement as carring large sums of money isn't my idea of fun.

The second employee also helps to witness a 'drop' as the company had problems with Managers NOT dropping the money and trying to blame the band for lost funds.....needless to say, those people had very short tenure.

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You're not paranoid if they really are out there and they are! I don't think it's wise in this day and age to NOT be armed at all times. Just too many crazies and criminals out there. I carry at least one concealed major caliber pistol at all times and sometimes a back up gun as well. Better safe than sorry. Get some training and practice with your gun before you carry it. Use appropriate ammunition. Learn what a handgun can and cannot do so you're in the real world and not the Hollywood version of firearms capabilities. Continue to shoot regularly and your skills will increase, just like training in any other martial art.Here's a good site for those of you looking to carry: www.packing.org

Latest Discussions