Newbie123 says, "hello!"

N

newbie123

Hi guys, hadn't realized I'm supposed to introduce myself before posting!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about BJJ mouthguards. I'm a 40-year old, 5'5", around 140 pounds guy who practiced some judo and karate back in elementary and high school. My regular gym where I lifted weights closed a while back so I went looking around for a replacement. One of the places I came across was Fairtex in San Francisco which teaches, among other things, muay thai and BJJ. Am I the ultimate fighting champion? :cool: Anyway, decided that I had enjoyed martial arts in the past, and that it would be a great workout and great to learn. I have been taking classes for only four or five weeks, but am enjoying it immensely! (My wife thinks I'm an idiot because during each of those weeks, I have come home bruised or sore in a number of different places!)

Anyway, cheers to everyone!

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
newbie123 said:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about BJJ mouthguards. I'm a 40-year old, 5'5", around 140 pounds guy who practiced some judo and karate back in elementary and high school. My regular gym where I lifted weights closed a while back so I went looking around for a replacement. One of the places I came across was Fairtex in San Francisco which teaches, among other things, muay thai and BJJ. Am I the ultimate fighting champion? :cool: Anyway, decided that I had enjoyed martial arts in the past, and that it would be a great workout and great to learn. I have been taking classes for only four or five weeks, but am enjoying it immensely! (My wife thinks I'm an idiot because during each of those weeks, I have come home bruised or sore in a number of different places!)

Anyway, cheers to everyone!

I used to have a co-worker who trained at the Fairtex gym. Sounded like it was good, tough, challenging training.

Welcome aboard.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
newbie123 said:

hmm. Okay. As long as you're really sorry, we'll let it go this time.:rolleyes:

newbie123 said:
My wife thinks I'm an idiot because during each of those weeks, I have come home bruised or sore in a number of different places!

We get alot o' that. Welcome to the club! :)

Glad to have you with us, newb. If we can help you in any way, give us a shout! :)

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, I am a firm believer that Tiger Balm can fix just about anything, that and duct tape :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to MT..Happy posting...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Newbie123 :wavey:

Welcome to the board. Happy Posting!

Latest Discussions