Newbie!

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Good luck with your plans and your upcoming belt test!! Let us know how it goes!!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome - enjoy reading and posting - I look forward to hearing (okay, reading) more from you.

Shalom Aleichem

OP
Lahebeth

Lahebeth

White Belt
Reaction score
My husband and I are testing Thurs. Me for my orange belt and him for his blue. I'm sooo nervous because I don't like to do stuff in front of people, but it will be cool. Sensei keeps reminding me I'm more than ready and my technique and form is already better than a lot of yellow belts. Wish I had as much confidence in me! lol Thanks for the interest and the kind words everyone!! I'll let you know how it goes Thursday!

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lahebeth, welcome! :wavey: I'm glad to have another "sister" with us on MartialTalk.

- Ceicei

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lahebeth said:
Hey everyone! Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself since this is my first time in here. Thanks Jade Tigress for the invite! My husband and I both train in Ryukyu Kempo karate. I have been involved in martial arts for only about 2 months now, but I love it with a passion! I am testing for my first belt (orange) next week and my hubby is testing for his blue belt.

We are working with our Sensei in a ministry that uses martial arts to prevent assault and abuse and empower and support survivors of assault and abuse, called Armor of Protection. We are just getting started and are hoping to do our first seminar (as AOP) very soon.

I look forward to meeting and chatting w/ some of you!
I think it's a great sounding program as it seems to re-assert the loss of power when it was taken away from them the first (?) time. Victims would feel so less so (powerless) when they're empowered again to know that next time (if ever... and hopefully it'll be never) they'll be able to DO something about stopping it.
Welcome and good luck to your work.

OP
Lahebeth

Lahebeth

White Belt
Reaction score
My hubby and I both passed our belt tests last night! I got my orange belt!! I have color now! Whoohoo! I was very pleased with how it went because I was scared to death before we started. I got a really high score too. Wasn't bad at all, piece of cake. lol

OP
Lahebeth

Lahebeth

White Belt
Reaction score
MA-Caver said:
I think it's a great sounding program as it seems to re-assert the loss of power when it was taken away from them the first (?) time. Victims would feel so less so (powerless) when they're empowered again to know that next time (if ever... and hopefully it'll be never) they'll be able to DO something about stopping it.
Welcome and good luck to your work.

Thanks! The program has indeed done wonders for me. I'm not living in fear anymore and I feel strong and confident now. I can't begin to tell ya'all what it was like for me to finally realize I would be able to fight back and defend myself if something ever does happen again.

Btw, does anybody know how you would change the belt rank color that appears under your name, or is that a set forum thing?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Lahebeth! My apologies for not seeing this earlier. I hope you find our community helpful. I look forward to your posts. :wavey:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lahebeth said:
Btw, does anybody know how you would change the belt rank color that appears under your name, or is that a set forum thing?

It is a set forum thing. That color belt corresponds to how many posts you make, not with your actual belt color.

- Ceicei

OP
Lahebeth

Lahebeth

White Belt
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
It is a set forum thing. That color belt corresponds to how many posts you make, not with your actual belt color.

- Ceicei

Ah, ok that makes sense. Thanks.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lahebeth said:
My hubby and I both passed our belt tests last night! I got my orange belt!! I have color now! Whoohoo! I was very pleased with how it went because I was scared to death before we started. I got a really high score too. Wasn't bad at all, piece of cake. lol

Congratulations to you and your hubby!
:partyon:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations, Lahebeth!!! :ultracool

Latest Discussions