Newb on a mission!

Bubba Buck

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everone. I'm Todd from Vinton.VA. I started out with Bujinkan Ninjutsu when I was younger. I eventually got out of training and slowly became an alcoholic. So I decided I wanted to start back with something different. The only way I could afford to start training again was to quit drinking. So I quit and started a fight class wich involved Muay Thai, Jujitsu, and Kali. I ended up with a bad bone spur in my shoulder and was unable to train or work for a couple months so I sat around, got depressed and started drinking again. So now I'm on a mission to give up the alcohol and start once again. I've been checking in to a new school that teaches Judo, BBJ, and MT.

http://www.hybridfighting.homestead.com/

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey everone. I'm Todd from Vinton.VA. I started out with Bujinkan Ninjutsu when I was younger. I eventually got out of training and slowly became an alcoholic. So I decided I wanted to start back with something different. The only way I could afford to start training again was to quit drinking. So I quit and started a fight class wich involved Muay Thai, Jujitsu, and Kali. I ended up with a bad bone spur in my shoulder and was unable to train or work for a couple months so I sat around, got depressed and started drinking again. So now I'm on a mission to give up the alcohol and start once again. I've been checking in to a new school that teaches Judo, BBJ, and MT.

http://www.hybridfighting.homestead.com/
Welcome to MT and enjoy!

I wish you the best of luck in quitting drinking and getting back into training. Sounds like an interesting school you are going to be attending!

Jeff

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey: Good luck with turning things around - keep us up to date on how you're doing.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Todd. You'll notice that I'm in Boones Mill, Va and just recently moved here from Vinton. Best of luck in your training. Remember that training in the martial arts is a lifelong persuit and the best way to stay on the path is to find an art that meshes well with your personality and has an instructor with whom you can get along well. Find the reasons within yourself that you truly feel are pushing you to study the arts. Are you looking for a path of self improvement more than the ability to fight? Is being able to fight more important to you than the spiritual side of the art? Are you looking for a good mix of the two? Best of luck to you on the road that you must travel. I hope all goes well for you. Feel free to PM a mentor or mod with any questions you have about the site.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Bubba Buck! Thanks for being so honest and open about your life. I just celebrated my 7th birthday in AA (alcohol free), so I can empathize with your mission (not to say I'm 'recovered', but am sober and grateful for it). Would be glad to share your or my struggle or just listen anytime you want to PM me. And look forward to your further posts.

OP
Bubba Buck

Bubba Buck

White Belt
Reaction score
Congrats on your 7th year Kidswarrior. You are an inspiration.

Seems to be a nice place here. I hope to learn and be motivated by you all.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Bubba Buck! All the best in your training & sobriety!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! Enjoy your stay! :)

Mike

OP
Bubba Buck

Bubba Buck

White Belt
Reaction score
I've spent the last few days browsing through all the martial art forums. I think I found the right one! Thanks for the welcome guys.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, Todd!

Good work to you in getting sober. It's not easy but nothing worth having in life is.

Happy posting!

:asian:

Latest Discussions