Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Mcura

Green Belt
Reaction score
Greetings! It's lovely to see you here. I know it's been a while, but thanks for the brief seminar on your Whiskey Stick Dancing at this year's MMA Expo. Great stuff!

Ken Pfrenger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Glen mo chara!

Welcome to MT, nice to see you posting here
Now we just gotta break out the shillelaghs and bust some heads!:whip:

Fionn McCool

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Looking forward to posting here.

Hello cead bua, I looked at your site. May I pick your brain once in awhile, I currently study Arnis and am looking to branch out my stickfighting skills and between you and others on this list kirk, ken, jonathon I think I can really dabble in the westen versions.

How long have you been training?

OP
Cead Bua

Cead Bua

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello cead bua, I looked at your site. May I pick your brain once in awhile, I currently study Arnis and am looking to branch out my stickfighting skills and between you and others on this list kirk, ken, jonathon I think I can really dabble in the westen versions.

How long have you been training?

Too long *he he* kidding.

My father (Canadian Armed Forces boxing Champion) started teaching my boxing in 1969 (age4), then when I turned 7 (1972) he moved me onto my family style of Irish Stick Fighting which I trained until his death in 1998.

Also, in 1980 I joined the Jing Mo Kung Fu Club under Sifu Lore King Hong and trained in Hung Gar under him until he retired about 2 years ago.

Everyone on this board is pretty knowledable, though our styles of stick combat differ greatly. I'll answer what I can, but I don't pass myself off as any sort of historian, I'm just a scappy Irish/Newfie who is honouring his family & father's memory by passing on knowledge typically only passed on from father to son.

Fionn McCool

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Too long *he he* kidding.

My father (Canadian Armed Forces boxing Champion) started teaching my boxing in 1969 (age4), then when I turned 7 (1972) he moved me onto my family style of Irish Stick Fighting which I trained until his death in 1998.

Also, in 1980 I joined the Jing Mo Kung Fu Club under Sifu Lore King Hong and trained in Hung Gar under him until he retired about 2 years ago.

Everyone on this board is pretty knowledable, though our styles of stick combat differ greatly. I'll answer what I can, but I don't pass myself off as any sort of historian, I'm just a scappy Irish/Newfie who is honouring his family & father's memory by passing on knowledge typically only passed on from father to son.

Ken told me about the difdferent grips, wondering your take on your style which uses two hands.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fáilte! Welcome to Martial Talk!