New from Down Under

altc

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Good to be here. I think I am supposed to write a bit about me so here goes..

I began the journey in 1994 studying TKD which I did for five years earning my black belt. After that I went searching for more and found Hapkido under Geoff Booth which I loved and practised for four years. I was also fortunate enough during that time to train full time for five days with the founder, Ji Han Jae. Fantastic experience!

During my time studying Hapkido, I was introduced to both brazilian jiu jitsu and some filipino stuff under Ray Floro. I train in bjj and Floro Fighting System (FFS) on and off to this day.

I also take a very keen interest in effective self defence, RBSD or whatever else people want to call it when people are primarily focused on training in systems and methods aimed only at training things that can be applied for real in very real situations.

I also like to read widely on all related matters such as the old classics and the newer works as well by Grossman and the like.

I also write at a blog at www.lowtechcombat.com which is my litle project and passion.

I am greatly looking forward to having a lot of interesting discusions here on Martial Talk and hope to chat to you all soon! :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the site, enjoy.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey there! Welcome to MT! Your blog reads really well. Like your underground station video too. Hope to hear more from you here :)

OP
altc

altc

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words everyone!

I am glad you like the blog and the video. I try and produce only educational content. Nice to have feedback on it :)

Chat soon!