NEW CONTEST: Most Entertaining Thread

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This contest is for the most entertaining thread on MartialTalk.

Parameters:

- must be intended as entertainment
- must be no older than 2004
- no nominated threads initiated by the sponsor (in this case me)
- no one can nominate their own thread

Prize: One year's Supporting Membership. If the winner is already a supporting member, that winner may choose to tack on to their already existing membership (with no cash refund for the prize should you choose to close your account) or pass it on to another existing non-supporting member.

ALL NOMINATIONS SHOULD BE PM'D TO ME DIRECTLY, AFTER WHICH THE POLL WILL BE SET UP FOR VOTE.

PM YOUR NOMINATIONS TO ME BY MAY 15, 2006.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While I enjoyed all the fun I most certainly am not the funniest thread, nor would I expect it to be about me.

There are other threads in the Locker Room and Bar & Grill that have lots of replies and views and lots of fun.

Someone should go look them up and nominate them. :D

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
Um...I can't access this thread; it must be in one of the private forums.

Yup, it is for those 18 and over. It is called MT afterdark. If you want access and are over 18, shoot bob a pm and he will activate it for you. Since you are already a supporting member, there is no extra cost. :)

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Yup, it is for those 18 and over. It is called MT afterdark. If you want access and are over 18, shoot bob a pm and he will activate it for you. Since you are already a supporting member, there is no extra cost. :)

I just thought of something. Is it fair to nominate a thread that over half the members can't access?

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Incentive to become supporting members!

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with it...in fact, it could be a fine incentive to consider purchasing a supporting membership.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
I just thought of something. Is it fair to nominate a thread that over half the members can't access?

I think it is. Like Sam and Egg said, good incentive to become a SM. The Supporting Memberships from this board allow us to continue to offer excellence, to continue to grow and buy software, hardware etc. as the board grows. It is not cheap to put a board of this magnitude on the net. To me, I get so much from here, I have no problem paying the $15/year because what I get back money can not put a value on.

Just my .02. :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I nominate Word Association... after all if it has 5,129 posts and 28,604 viewed it must've been entertaining eh? :D

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All nominations are to be sent to me by PM, please, and include the proper name of the thread and a link.

Thanks.

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lisa said:
I think it is. Like Sam and Egg said, good incentive to become a SM. The Supporting Memberships from this board allow us to continue to offer excellence, to continue to grow and buy software, hardware etc. as the board grows. It is not cheap to put a board of this magnitude on the net. To me, I get so much from here, I have no problem paying the $15/year because what I get back money can not put a value on.

Just my .02. :)

Well...it *did* give me enough incentive to join the "After Dark" forum. ;)

And yes...$15/year is more than reasonable for a forum of this magnitude. Especially compared to the $49/year I pay for Delphi Forums "Plus" membership. And MT is a far greater bargain than Delphi - which has more than its fair share of bugginess.

Latest Discussions