Neato Magic Trick (video)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This guy is probably the next David Blaine... check him out here with this video to see what I mean.
Is it a trick or did he perform the ancient Shaolin's "walk through walls"....

You decide...

Your opinions please...

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Its a magic trick..there is some mechanism that allows it. Very creative, but a trick nonetheless.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've seen that guy's tv show and he freaks me out. I would like to hear ANY plausible explanation of how you can fake something like that.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do people really think he actually passed through glass? The fact that he had to place a piece of paper over the window is a clue that he doesnt want you to see whats going on behind the paper.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Also note how he had to have that "astonished store owner" inside with him. My guess is that he was a plant. The owner agreed to have a rigged window placed in his store. While obscured by the paper they operate whatever mechanism that opens the window. The magician passes through. The assistant slides the window back in place, sits down and acts astonished. The guy seems to be laying it on pretty thick too.....

I also think the shoe removal was a distraction technique to allow the "business owner" to set something up inside.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Blaine version of this -- leaving some chicks watch on the other side of the display window of a closed shop -- is also a mind bender. I'm sure they're done the same way...my question is, HOW?.

That's what I'm waiting for..........still waiting.........

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Never believe everything you see. Magicians almost always have set-ups and assistants involved in these tricks. Even in the supposedly "street" magic, some people who just seem to be random passers by aint random....

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Somehow a trick window pane has been installed where a section can be slid out under cover (note there is always a piece of paper involved). People shouldnt assume anything is "normal" in these things. Most magicians have help from people in the crowd as well as the owners of establishments they just seem to "randomly" walk into...nothing is as it seems, I had a period where I did a little magic, and read a LOT about it.

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
DavidCC said:
I've seen that guy's tv show and he freaks me out. I would like to hear ANY plausible explanation of how you can fake something like that.
Very impressive, but I'll put my money on "trick". While I admit I can't explain it, if he realy lcould move through solids, he wouldn't need the white sheet of paper and he wouldn't need to take off his shoes.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just find it interesting that people really believe that this guy ACTUALLY passed through glass.....

Heres one "possible" explination.

This is a big version of the old "finger guillotine" .

The whole storefront is a "set". The guy inside AND the "paper holders" are assistants. The glass is like an upside down "U" that sits in a channel, like a "guillotine". Listen to the "knock" it's a hollow tap because the glass sits loose in its holder.

The "OPEN" sign doesn't move because it's attached to the side rail, and the guy inside simply pulls a cord to lift the glass so the opening comes up from the bottom, magician goes through, aide drops the glass. Notice how close the paper is to the bottom, because the hole comes up from the bottom behind the paper.

You never see the glass move on the top or sides because it's glass, totally seamless and flat.. There's a reason the camera is constantly moving, if it was still, you'd see slight variances in reflections suggesting movement. The shoe removal was a distraction so the people who were not plants wouldnt notice....

Magician comes out, Stands up for a brief second (that's why he's wearing a big coat) Hole is dropped behind him.

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Makes sense about the shoes being a distraction because why would shoes be the only clothing article not able to pass through glass? It would make more sense if he said he could only pass his living tissue through a solid because he can only control what is a part of him, but doing that trick with no clothes on is probably illegal, although it would be entertaining.

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Definately a trick, a good trick, but a trick nonetheless. Im sure if it was real he would not need that paper. Obviously hiding something there.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Only "Real Ninjas" can walk through walls. ;)

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Puhleeze do not mistake my curiosity about HOW he does it as conviction that it's anything other than a trick. I just think it's a really cool one, and want to know how it's done! (can you imagine the chicks you could pick up with this?):)

D.

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
it's a really cool one, and want to know how it's done! (can you imagine the chicks you could pick up with this?):)

D.

Yes well, imagine!!! :)

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Tgace said:
I just find it interesting that people really believe that this guy ACTUALLY passed through glass.....

Heres one "possible" explination.

This is a big version of the old "finger guillotine" .

The whole storefront is a "set". The guy inside AND the "paper holders" are assistants. The glass is like an upside down "U" that sits in a channel, like a "guillotine". Listen to the "knock" it's a hollow tap because the glass sits loose in its holder.

The "OPEN" sign doesn't move because it's attached to the side rail, and the guy inside simply pulls a cord to lift the glass so the opening comes up from the bottom, magician goes through, aide drops the glass. Notice how close the paper is to the bottom, because the hole comes up from the bottom behind the paper.

You never see the glass move on the top or sides because it's glass, totally seamless and flat.. There's a reason the camera is constantly moving, if it was still, you'd see slight variances in reflections suggesting movement. The shoe removal was a distraction so the people who were not plants wouldnt notice....

Magician comes out, Stands up for a brief second (that's why he's wearing a big coat) Hole is dropped behind him.

I can see that. However, I also saw the special with David Blaine doing the same trick with the watch that was mentioned by Kembudo-Kai Kempoka. The difference in that instance, he was the holder, and paper went through with him, and you can see it passing through only around his arm and his arm is moving inside to pull the watch out.

Yeah, I'm sure it was a trick, but it was a much better one. heh.

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Somehow a trick window pane has been installed where a section can be slid out under cover (note there is always a piece of paper involved). People shouldnt assume anything is "normal" in these things. Most magicians have help from people in the crowd as well as the owners of establishments they just seem to "randomly" walk into...nothing is as it seems, I had a period where I did a little magic, and read a LOT about it.
I was reading a few books on skepticism and critical thinking and then did some research about James Randi, so like Tgace, my instinct said "trick". I would like to read more about how magic tricks work. Tgace, can you link me to sites/books? Great posts, by the way.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not much beyond simple sleight of hand stuff online, for the more advanced stuff you either have to research, pony up $$ or talk to magicians...