Navy Seal Accidentally Shoots Self

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm kind of shocked that someone with THIS much training as a SEAL is supposed to have got to screwing around and then shoots himself. This is why you don't screw around with guns... EVER!

SAN DIEGO (AP) — San Diego police say a Navy SEAL is on life support after accidentally shooting himself in the head.

Officer Frank Cali tells U-T San Diego (http://bit.ly/wVdcY2 ) that officers were called to a home in Pacific Beach at about 2 a.m. Thursday on a report that a man had been playing with a gun and accidentally shot himself.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-navy-seal-accidentally-shoots-self-022731883.html

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may not be what it appears, often when someone tries to kill themselves family, friends etc will say that they were 'playing' or 'cleaning' a weapon. I suspect there's more to this than someone just playing around even if they were drunk.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very sad... had just (successfully) completed his training to be a Navy Seal. Brought a girl home while drunk, and was showing off his guns...

The gun is always​ loaded. Even when you know it's not.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Quite so :nods:. If I ask for a "Hand's up", amongst those of us who train with bladed weapons, regarding who has never cut themselves with their sword, I would be far from surprised to see no hands raised.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This may not be what it appears, often when someone tries to kill themselves family, friends etc will say that they were 'playing' or 'cleaning' a weapon. I suspect there's more to this than someone just playing around even if they were drunk.

I can go with that, though suicide is a touchy subject with me, having witnessed it first hand, and lost several others to it and realizing that it'll never make any sense, no matter the reason. Accidental suicide (even if unsuccessful) is a result of foolish behavior. This foolish chap was showing off. As Nomad said: A gun is always loaded.

Quite so :nods:. If I ask for a "Hand's up", amongst those of us who train with bladed weapons, regarding who has never cut themselves with their sword, I would be far from surprised to see no hands raised.

(Raises hand here! Though not with a sword, it was with an edged weapon).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can go with that, though suicide is a touchy subject with me, having witnessed it first hand, and lost several others to it and realizing that it'll never make any sense, no matter the reason. Accidental suicide (even if unsuccessful) is a result of foolish behavior. This foolish chap was showing off. As Nomad said: A gun is always loaded.

(Raises hand here! Though not with a sword, it was with an edged weapon).

I've known two service people who have committed suicide, killed while 'playing Russian roulette' has long been a euphemism for suicide. It's usually to cover up and save the family any more grief.

j-squared

White Belt
Reaction score
Guns and alcohol, and some testosterone on top, not a good mix.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

If I raised my hand I would have to be wearing gloves to get away with it.

... And a hat, to cover up the awesome Nike swoosh on my head.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions