Names and their meanings.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo

You're right, she's tough, beautiful! Anyone else might as well thrown in the towel. The Kenpo Terror of the East Coast!

I surrender!:eek:

Awwwww.. Now I'm a puddle. heheee.. Thanks Ricardo.. *beams*

*to other viewers.. I'm not really a puddle.. but will continue to let Ricardo think I am.. *w*

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

If you can't insult your friends, why bother insulting your enemies?:confused:

Who can argue with that kind of logic? In that case, I accept!;)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Rich I think you and Ricardo have reached a milestone that I and others have also had....... LOL, The one problem with the net is that you don't "feel" :anic: the typed word. This is not the first and probably not the last post that has been misunderstood.
:argue:

I do thank you both for airing out your feelings and hopefully come out shaking hands :cheers: all in good fun. We all love to tease (especially me!!!!!!!!!):boing2:

Ricardo also takes this to the max....... so please ..... end any hard feelings I'm sure Ricardo never ment any harm :angel: nor did Rich.

Thanks guys
:wavey:
:asian:

GoldenDragon7,

First, let me say thank you for your kind words and for your use of Smiles. I have, myself, said what you have said here many times to others and I understand your point and the intent of your words.

As for this post not being the first nor the last post to be misunderstood, I agree. Yet in all my contact with Mr. Castillo, I have had nothing but confusion and misunderstanding. He has never used any positive smiles only negative smiles to express his humor. To me, this is either someone who is not truly trying to be humorous, or someone who has made many assumptions that everyone shares and understands their own sense of humor. I bring this up since Mr. Castillo stated it is not my place to chastise people on their behavior, yet, he felt it sufficient to chastise me in a Private Message about making assumptions. This is not a positive step towards being understood and being able to communicate with people. The use of only negative feedback (smiles) or the duplicitous actions of one who states one thing and does another. As for Teasing, I have no problems with teasing and have been teased by many people here I have not met and there are those that I have met after being teased. That is part of the positive social interactions of this site.

As to Mr. Castillo’s sense of humor, I guess that this Non-Kenpo Person (* That is me, Rich Parsons *), is supposed to know that Tracy’s Kenpo is the joke of Kenpo? (* I know very little about Kenpo and the factions of the art. *) So this was not really an attack against me, but an attack and slam against another style / art? A similar comment made by me such I will ‘Insert most unliked system here’ all over you, is what I have should have replied with? This is confusing to me. Now, if this was preceded by either a positive smile as opposed to being followed by a negative smile, it might have been easier to understand this event as humor. I give the following links as my interactions with Mr. Castillo as being anything but positive. They might be sarcastic, and many might believe that sarcasm is humor, but I do not find it humorous. I apologize for my lack of humor at what I believe to be sarcasm.

First Contact: An aggressive Nuke Smile and NO non Aggressive Smiles.

http://martialtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=2333&perpage=15&highlight=parsons&pagenumber=3

Second Contact was a Private Message I sent and his reply with my follow-up reply with no further contact until . . .
(* These were Private Messages and hence I have chosen not to reveal them *)

Third Contact

http://martialtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=4586&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I have argued (* Look it up *) with many a person on this board. Some of my favorites are Gou Ronin: We do not always see eye to eye, but we agree that we each have the right to our own opinions; Kirk: Who I and some others had a heat discussion or argument over a supreme court ruling dealing with the word ‘God’ and the Pledge of Allegiance, this did not leave us upset with each other; another great person to discuss things with is Nightingale8472: She has expressed her opinions and we have discussed much together. I offer these as people I can discuss with and exchange humor and issue we might disagree on, but not end up with the confusion and concern I have with Mr. Castillo.

I have no true ill feeling for Mr. Castillo, I only wish to no longer to try to communicate with him, since I obviously do not understand his sarcasm or sense of humor. As for shaking his hands, not an option, for I will not search him out, since I do not wish to met him. If we co-exist on this board with little or no interaction or at least some polite interaction than I have no problems with that resolution.

Thank you once again GoldenDragon7 and I apologize to everyone here for the misunderstanding.

Rich Parsons

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
I have argued (* Look it up *) with many a person on this board. Some of my favorites are Gou Ronin: We do not always see eye to eye, but we agree that we each have the right to our own opinions

What the?!?!?!

I thought we agreed that I was always right!

Welllllll this is a fine how-do-you-do!
:rolleyes:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

What the?!?!?!

I thought we agreed that I was always right!

Welllllll this is a fine how-do-you-do!

GouRonin,

heheheheheh Yes my Dear Gou, you are Right and Dot has a nice Jacket for you. Know if I could only get you to post in depth like me and not these quick , yet meaningful :D , posts you have. :rofl:

Have a great time this weekend.

Rich

OP
G

GouRonin

now if I could only get you to post in depth like me and not these quick , yet meaningful :D , posts you have.

You ought to check my work out in the russian martial arts section. I lost a few people there with my insighfulness.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin

You ought to check my work out in the russian martial arts section. I lost a few people there with my insighfulness.

Gou Ronin,

Actually I have been reading it, and I believe that you must end your career here as a Gou Ronin, for I believe that you are no longer a wondering rogue of a warrior. You have found the person to reach you and to take you to levels of insightfulness and learning.

My Best wishes to you

Rich

PS: go over and browse the Russian Martial Arts Section. Datz DEM GUD REDING!

:D

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
GoldenDragon7,
First, let me say thank you for your kind words and for your use of Smiles. I have, myself, said what you have said here many times to others and I understand your point and the intent of your words. Rich Parsons :asian:

Well, then both touch gloves and come out :rofl: !!!!!!!!!!

Rich I understand where you are coming from I won't attempt to change that, but I really hate these forums sometimes for their lack of emotion which causes these types of misunderstandings. Hecks, even when humans interact in person **** happens.

I can't vouch for everyone's actions...... but having been in those positions myself I felt like trying to ease tension and mend feelings (if I could) I tried. I know Ricardo (since I talk to him all the time and have met and worked out with him personally) that he does have a "unique" sense of humor..... some may not pick that up and he may just come across wrong at times but I don't think malice is really intended. But .........Oh well, I know you two can live without each other or mend things yourselves if you want to in your own ways. Good luck to both..... an learn about these damn forums an how our real opinions and expressions really don't always come across as we actually are.

Peace to all

:asian: :asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

Actually I have been reading it, and I believe that you must end your career here as a Gou Ronin, for I believe that you are no longer a wondering rogue of a warrior. You have found the person to reach you and to take you to levels of insightfulness and learning.
My Best wishes to you

Alas, I cannot. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

OP
R

RCastillo

Rich I understand where you are coming from I won't attempt to change that, but I really hate these forums sometimes for their lack of emotion which causes these types of misunderstandings. Hecks, even when humans interact in person **** happens.

I can't vouch for everyone's actions...... but having been in those positions myself I felt like trying to ease tension and mend feelings (if I could) I tried. I know Ricardo (since I talk to him all the time and have met and worked out with him personally) that he does have a "unique" sense of humor..... some may not pick that up and he may just come across wrong at times but I don't think malice is really intended. But .........Oh well, I know you two can live without each other or mend things yourselves if you want to in your own ways. Good luck to both..... an learn about these damn forums an how our real opinions and expressions really don't always come across as we actually are.

Peace to all

:asian: :asian:

That's fine, I'm taking my ball, and going home.:wah:

OP
R

RCastillo

GoldenDragon7,

First, let me say thank you for your kind words and for your use of Smiles. I have, myself, said what you have said here many times to others and I understand your point and the intent of your words.

As for this post not being the first nor the last post to be misunderstood, I agree. Yet in all my contact with Mr. Castillo, I have had nothing but confusion and misunderstanding. He has never used any positive smiles only negative smiles to express his humor. To me, this is either someone who is not truly trying to be humorous, or someone who has made many assumptions that everyone shares and understands their own sense of humor. I bring this up since Mr. Castillo stated it is not my place to chastise people on their behavior, yet, he felt it sufficient to chastise me in a Private Message about making assumptions. This is not a positive step towards being understood and being able to communicate with people. The use of only negative feedback (smiles) or the duplicitous actions of one who states one thing and does another. As for Teasing, I have no problems with teasing and have been teased by many people here I have not met and there are those that I have met after being teased. That is part of the positive social interactions of this site.

As to Mr. Castillo’s sense of humor, I guess that this Non-Kenpo Person (* That is me, Rich Parsons *), is supposed to know that Tracy’s Kenpo is the joke of Kenpo? (* I know very little about Kenpo and the factions of the art. *) So this was not really an attack against me, but an attack and slam against another style / art? A similar comment made by me such I will ‘Insert most unliked system here’ all over you, is what I have should have replied with? This is confusing to me. Now, if this was preceded by either a positive smile as opposed to being followed by a negative smile, it might have been easier to understand this event as humor. I give the following links as my interactions with Mr. Castillo as being anything but positive. They might be sarcastic, and many might believe that sarcasm is humor, but I do not find it humorous. I apologize for my lack of humor at what I believe to be sarcasm.

First Contact: An aggressive Nuke Smile and NO non Aggressive Smiles.

http://martialtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=2333&perpage=15&highlight=parsons&pagenumber=3

Second Contact was a Private Message I sent and his reply with my follow-up reply with no further contact until . . .
(* These were Private Messages and hence I have chosen not to reveal them *)

Third Contact

http://martialtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=4586&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I have argued (* Look it up *) with many a person on this board. Some of my favorites are Gou Ronin: We do not always see eye to eye, but we agree that we each have the right to our own opinions; Kirk: Who I and some others had a heat discussion or argument over a supreme court ruling dealing with the word ‘God’ and the Pledge of Allegiance, this did not leave us upset with each other; another great person to discuss things with is Nightingale8472: She has expressed her opinions and we have discussed much together. I offer these as people I can discuss with and exchange humor and issue we might disagree on, but not end up with the confusion and concern I have with Mr. Castillo.

I have no true ill feeling for Mr. Castillo, I only wish to no longer to try to communicate with him, since I obviously do not understand his sarcasm or sense of humor. As for shaking his hands, not an option, for I will not search him out, since I do not wish to met him. If we co-exist on this board with little or no interaction or at least some polite interaction than I have no problems with that resolution.

Thank you once again GoldenDragon7 and I apologize to everyone here for the misunderstanding.

Rich Parsons

Hmmmmm, well, so much for logic. So you think you're too good to talk to me? And you say I'm not positive?
Yes, I said something to you, IN PRIVATE, but I'm not advertising in the forum like you are.

Remember, there are always to sides to every story.

Also, people who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones. I only throw pebbles, IN HUMOR!:)

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Hmmmmm, well, so much for logic. So you think you're too good to talk to me? And you say I'm not positive?
Yes, I said something to you, IN PRIVATE, but I'm not advertising in the forum like you are.

Sir, yes you are correct about the private message, and I said upfront that I was hesitant to bring out my opinion here, since half of it was based on was private messages. As for being too good for you, I have not said that, I have tried to communicate, that I am not 'Good' enough to understand you. :asian:

Remember, there are always to sides to every story.

There usually are at least three sides to a story (* Assuming only two people are involved *) The side of each person and then what really happened. I have never said you were wrong to say what you did, only that I do not understand it and I am confused by it. I also stated that I will ignore your comments, because of the above reasons, not because you are not good enough. That is for other people to decide not me. Yet, I am begining to understand your comments. Maybe this will have a positive effect and or result. :cool:

Also, people who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones. I only throw pebbles, IN HUMOR!:)

Sir, This is truly humorous. I can get a feeling from this, that is not negative. :)

As for Glass houses, sir my glass hut is based upon a playing card foundation. So, I respect your wish to throw only pebbles. :D :rofl:

Rich

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
GoldenDragon7,

Thank you for your reply. :)

:shrug: Sure, I am going to step into this with both eyes closed and with all weapons blazing forward. ;)
(* Call Vegas The fight is on ! :rofl: :shrug: ;) *)

Yes stuff happens all the time. And I try to understand why, how and where people are coming from, but I am human and many times, I just do not get it or understand. So I try to ask questions
and that is me interacting with others, in person or on these forums. :)

I can't vouch for everyone's actions...... but having been in those positions myself I felt like trying to ease tension and mend feelings (if I could) I tried.

But Sir, you have done much, for I was able to reply to you and to also state my opinion and views to you, which allowed others including Mr. Castillo to read that reply and allow further discourse if it was desired. :asian:

I know Ricardo (since I talk to him all the time and have met and worked out with him personally) that he does have a "unique" sense of humor..... some may not pick that up and he may just come across wrong at times but I don't think malice is really intended. But .........Oh well, I know you two can live without each other or mend things yourselves if you want to in your own ways. Good luck to both..... an learn about these damn forums an how our real opinions and expressions really don't always come across as we actually are.

Peace to all

Well yes, we can live without each other but it seems we cross paths in more than one forum and or thread. It would be nice to have issues resolved.

As for the personal character reference, that is always appreciated. Including your statement of knowing Mr. Castillo
and that Mr. Castillo may have a unique sense of humor. This gives me more data that I did not have. I thank you.

Rich

(* Edited a grammatical error my Spell checker did not catch. *)

OP
R

RCastillo

Sir, yes you are correct about the private message, and I said upfront that I was hesitant to bring out my opinion here, since half of it was based on was private messages. As for being too good for you, I have not said that, I have tried to communicate, that I am not 'Good' enough to understand you. :asian:

There usually are at least three sides to a story (* Assuming only two people are involved *) The side of each person and then what really happened. I have never said you were wrong to say what you did, only that I do not understand it and I am confused by it. I also stated that I will ignore your comments, because of the above reasons, not because you are not good enough. That is for other people to decide not me. Yet, I am begining to understand your comments. Maybe this will have a positive effect and or result. :cool:

Sir, This is truly humorous. I can get a feeling from this, that is not negative. :)

As for Glass houses, sir my glass hut is based upon a playing card foundation. So, I respect your wish to throw only pebbles. :D :rofl:

Rich

Mr. Parsons,

I think, thanks to the great mediator Mr. Conatser, we have found common ground!

I hold NO ILL WILL TOWARD YOU, AND RESPECT YOU, as I do all others on this forum.

I hope, that if you can accept an goof like Gou, you will accept me as a friend.

My apologies for any misunderstandings I may have created between us.

Respects:asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

I hope, that if you can accept an goof like Gou, you will accept me as a friend.

Hey! I'm still here. I can read ya know!
:cuss:

Latest Discussions