My New Website

• Thread starter Sifu Barry Cuda
  • Start date

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nice...
With all sincerity-
But this seems like something we've done....though there is a difference of weapon and target-care to explain?
131-249x187.jpg

OP
S

Sifu Barry Cuda

Hey, Im not sure what you mean by this looks like something weve done.I never claimed to have invented something never seen before.This is a common stick and dagger tie up just with me using 2 knives.One thing I do do that is very different than what a lot of other instructors teach is that I spend a lot of time on variations of things as opposed to just talking about them.I spend a lot of time with my guys on double dagger vs single stick, double dagger vs stick and dagger because the simillarities are there.Stick and dagger vs double stick,and double stick sumbrada.Ive been doining this a very long time and with me you will see a lot of stuff youve seen before at seminars or on videos and a lot of stuff maybe youve never seen before. Ive taught Silat leg trapping to Wing Chun people and they do practically the same thing.Ive taught seminars for Aki and Jiu jitsu people and guess what? they see the Kali locking and say we do that.One thing I learned from Dan Inosanto years ago is that if you research enough martial arts you will see in one way or another all arts overlap technique wise.No art holds a monopoly on anything. Barry a

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
One thing I learned from Dan Inosanto years ago is that if you research enough martial arts you will see in one way or another all arts overlap technique wise.No art holds a monopoly on anything.
Close to exactly what my instructor had said.

I did know what the intended target-area was looking at the pic

I wasn't trying to sound like "Big deal-we do that". I wanted to basically give a response on how things are crossed and re-surface.

OP
S

Sifu Barry Cuda

Martial Man,Sorry dude its hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not in print.What the target area is is basically the throat.In most martial arts systems including Jiu Jitsu, Kali, Silat, Wing Chun and so on, when youare in the process of tying up someones arm and they manage to throw the rear hand at you you can end up with on of the double arm tieups.Incidentaly, if we were on the ground I could tie up your legs and arms at the same time depending on how you fought back.Gene Labell and Wally Jay do great stuff like this on the ground.The way I teach is having my students have a strong foundation in stick and dagger because of the way everything can come from it like emptyhand locking and trapping, and other combinations of weapon and empty hand.I think long and short training is very important.Hope to speak to you again, Barry www.combatartsusa.com

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a well done site. I always like it when instructors post their backgrounds :) . And since I haven't yet, welcome to MT. If you have any questions about the board, and answers aren't easily found, let me know... I'm here to help! TW