My experience with American kenpo

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Like what city or area he goes to that there is no yelling or screaming in his martial arts class or self defense..

Pretty much every city and virtually all traditional Chinese martial arts, all Chinese Sports Sanda/Sanshou, all Chinese Police/Military Sanda/Sanshou. Most Aikido classes, virtually all JKD classes, shall I continue......

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pretty much every city and virtually all traditional Chinese martial arts, all Chinese Sports Sanda/Sanshou, all Chinese Police/Military Sanda/Sanshou. Most Aikido classes, virtually all JKD classes, shall I continue......

You can add kenpo and Shou shu to that list. We kiai but that is not screaming.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I knew a marine who fought in Vietnam, hand to hand, sometimes, and he was an advocate of shouting at them before he killed them. :)
What did he shout? Did he call them names? Tell them in grisly detain what mayhem and death was about to come?

Did he tell them he would waive his private parts at them, and fart in their general direction?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What did he shout? Did he call them names? Tell them in grisly detain what mayhem and death was about to come?

Did he tell them he would waive his private parts at them, and fart in their general direction?

I am thinking things like "I WILL DELETE YOUR HARD DRIVE!!!!"

"I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE CHEST, RIP OUT YOUR HEART, SHOW IT TO YOU, and then...THROW IT IN THE BEAN DIP"

and

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries."

Tired_Yeti

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know what It is and the whole point of it is ameridote is a rubbish martial art

Apparently, you DON'T know what it is. The whole point is that it's a SATIRE. It's FICTION. Ameri Do Te doesn't even exist! The show is a comedy.

You need to take a deep breath and get a sense of humor! You're wound up way too tight, man.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Why do martial artists “shout” in the execution of a technique?
Why do martial artists "shout" in the execution of a technique?

In MARTIAL ARTS, Why people scream and yell?What's the purpose of doing so?

Why do karate people always yell, "KIIIIIIYYYAAAAAAA!"?

Purpose of yelling in martial arts
K'ihap - the purpose of yelling in martial arts

Yelling in martial arts

Hiiiyaah! What’s with the yelling? | Oneonta Taekwon-do

Do you want me to post million web sites and million videos here?

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I knew a marine who fought in Vietnam, hand to hand, sometimes, and he was an advocate of shouting at them before he killed them. :)

I have no idea if Army, Navy, Marines, soldiers, Data unit, and Seals yell or scream or if some countries do it and other countries do not.

But the military goal is to shoot before you get seen or hear them coming. I would thing the goal would be different you want to shoot not be seen. You goal is not scare them off but shoot them before they know you are there.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Look moonbeam, I worry about you, I do really. You post so much stuff here that is just sheer moonshine that I wonder what sort of world you live in, I think your parents need to restrict your computer and television time then take you out more to interact with real people. Getting your ideas on life through third rate fiction is not the way to live a fulfilling life and it does nothing for your English skills so limits your ability to communicate.
I have never heard any martial artist shout 'kill ya' as they did a technique, they kiai in some styles but it's a controlled noise made for a reason. It's not a yell or a scream son which if you kept posting this rubbish most people here will be doing. So, step away from the computer, go on do it now, go to a martial arts class and train until you are exhausted, go and talk to real people, have a nice meal with them, cook it yourself perhaps, go to a library read good literature, go to the opera, go to the ballet, the theatre, watch Shakespeare, Pinter, Miller, Williams etc. Go to an art gallery, look at Old Masters, new works, sculptures. See the world. In other words educate yourself, stop believing the Far Right's propaganda on UK policing and actually find out for yourself, stop parroting articles from sources you don't know on the internet. Get a life.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if Army, Navy, Marines, soldiers, Data unit, and Seals yell or scream or if some countries do it and other countries do not.

But the military goal is to shoot before you get seen or hear them coming. I would thing the goal would be different you want to shoot not be seen. You goal is not scare them off but shoot them before they know you are there.

No. See my post above.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
they kiai in some styles but it's a controlled noise made for a reason.

To harden to the stomach incase you get hit there, to make your strike hit harder as you are exhaling, and to possibly scare/ catch your opponent off gaurd.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To harden to the stomach incase you get hit there, to make your strike hit harder as you are exhaling, and to possibly scare/ catch your opponent off gaurd.

Some might say that, others will give other reasons. It's worth of a discussion all on it's own.