Muscle Memory theory

Street Brawler

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello there.

Upon reading an article posted about Chi Sao reflexes. I read that it is needed about 600 hours of training for each reflex to become a part of your normal moves. That means when you are attacked, your body nerves react with your muscles to perform such a move. Does anyone here knows what could SNT do to help in this process?.

Thank you for passing by.:)

fightingfat

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's one of those questions that really explains why we train. Sometimes you just have to put in the hours before you can even come up with the question. If you trust your sifu's path, you have to walk it as he says.

Ali Rahim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello there.

Upon reading an article posted about Chi Sao reflexes. I read that it is needed about 600 hours of training for each reflex to become a part of your normal moves. That means when you are attacked, your body nerves react with your muscles to perform such a move. Does anyone here knows what could SNT do to help in this process?.

Thank you for passing by.:)

Hello Street Brawler.

My wing chun family is the Leung Sheung linage. Woo Fai Ching taught me that muscle memory stems from this standpoint; When you do something 100 times you begin to understand what you are working on, 500 times you know it, 1000 times you master it.
That’s if the understanding that you are working on is correct from the start.

The process when training in sil lum tao is, that you continue to repeat the form as long as you are in the sil lum tao system to develop muscle memory and I strong ideal of the system (what you really need to know).

Latest Discussions