muay boran -- new section needed !!!!! :)

ever heard of the "knife elbow" --- basically you throw an elbow as per normal but instead of bringing your arm across your body you take it up in a diagonal across their face with a returning single axe elbow to the head for good measure ;)

oughta give em summat to think about --- again these moves are outlawed in MT competition.........

Yeah now I get what you mean :)

there's loads of little moves like that one which are allowed in MB --- you can add more to that combination if things aren't going to plan :) like using the axe / knee combination i mentioned and then tripping them up backwards and side kicking them in their windpipe ;)

there's loads of little moves like that one which are allowed in MB --- you can add more to that combination if things aren't going to plan :) like using the axe / knee combination i mentioned and then tripping them up backwards and side kicking them in their windpipe ;)

Yeah, that is an awesome combo. From what I have seen from Youtube, Tony Jaa and what not. Think a trample would also suffice, rather than the side :D

the reason i said sidekick is that when you trip them up your body is already positioned to the side of them so it's easy to just sidekick the windpipe than trample them --- suppose either would work :) just depends on your body positioning after you've tripped them up ;)

glad to see that you're getting the jist of what muay boran is all about :) it's almost the polar opposite of what competition muay thai is about. there's just so much to experiement with and it's upto your coach/training partner to work out what it is that you're going to do next ;) i know that scotty knows that there are some combinations that i like so if he says mid kick then he's gunna get a right mid kick followed by a low left kick with a reverse elbow and backfist on the end of that :)

it's upto you how you do your combinations but you need to learn the forms that make up mae mai and luk mai to get a full understanding of just what muay boran is about :)

today scotty told me that there is a muay thai/boran seminar coming up in about 3 weeks :)

so i've doubled my practice workload and am using the seminar as a reason to get as good as i was plus i want to be in sort of shape so that i can sponge any new ideas pretty quickly ;)

Latest Discussions

Back