Mr Tommy Chavies

N

Nick Ellerton

I am extremely entirgued but the mysterious lack of knowledge able to be obtained anywhere about Mr Tommy Chavies. So please if any of you in these forums no anything about mr chavies i would like to read it.

cheers.

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nick Ellerton said:
I am extremely entirgued but the mysterious lack of knowledge able to be obtained anywhere about Mr Tommy Chavies. So please if any of you in these forums no anything about mr chavies i would like to read it.

cheers.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but I met Mr. Chavies at Jeff Speakman's Camp in 2001. He did a great seminar, and I know he is one of the people demonstrating in Infinite Insights, vol. 5. At the camp, during the introductions they made mention that there had been a falling out (either between Mr. Chavies and Mr. Parker or with the IKKA). But that they were glad he was coming back into the Kenpo fold. I amnot sure where Mr. Chavies is located now, I am taking a shot and saying California.

Hope this helps,

Brian Jones

azkenpo1

White Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Chavies operates a school in Arcadia, California. It is located at 153 Santa Anita, Arcadia, CA. His website is AmericanKenpoConcepts.com

Hope this helps.

Darin
AZKenpo1

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
azkenpo1 said:
Mr. Chavies operates a school in Arcadia, California. It is located at 153 Santa Anita, Arcadia, CA. His website is AmericanKenpoConcepts.com

Hope this helps.

Darin
AZKenpo1
I tried to visit his website and add it to my links at Kenpo-Texas.com, but it required a password to even view it. If there is a public area, please post the URL.

Thanks,
-Michael

azkenpo1

White Belt
Reaction score
Brian Jones said:
Don't know if this is what you are looking for but I met Mr. Chavies at Jeff Speakman's Camp in 2001. He did a great seminar, and I know he is one of the people demonstrating in Infinite Insights, vol. 5. At the camp, during the introductions they made mention that there had been a falling out (either between Mr. Chavies and Mr. Parker or with the IKKA). But that they were glad he was coming back into the Kenpo fold. I amnot sure where Mr. Chavies is located now, I am taking a shot and saying California.

Hope this helps,

Brian Jones

Mr. Chavies left the IKKA in approximately 1997 or 1998. He was close to Mr. Parker up until Mr. Parker passed away.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nick Ellerton said:

cheers.

Tommy Chavies is a 2nd generation black belt under me on the family tree.

N1ck8586

White Belt
Reaction score
Reading information about mr chavies online, it is mixed; some say he is 1st generation others say second, all in all i really dont think it matters who is under who or who is ranked higher than the other, all that matters is the enjoyment of the art by one self and the contribution to making sure it continues to stay strong.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Reading information about mr chavies online, it is mixed; some say he is 1st generation others say second, all in all i really dont think it matters who is under who or who is ranked higher than the other, all that matters is the enjoyment of the art by one self and the contribution to making sure it continues to stay strong.

For the record, Tommy Chavies made black belt under me, and all of his IKKA rank is recorded under my lineage, as indicated on the Family Tree, that Mr. Parker published.

Mr. Chavies is an extremely talented Kenpoist.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score

Hope this helps,

Brian Jones

Mr. Chavies did not have a falling out with Mr. Parker Sr., but there was a disagreement between he, Ed Parker Jr. and the IKKA after Mr. Parker passed. Tommy can also be seen on the two volumes of Mr. Parker's video's along with my other student Curtis Faust, as well as myself briefly.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doc and azkenpo1,

Thanks for the info. Read/heard the name many times, but nothing more.

Latest Discussions