Mr.Spielberg, Tear Down This Wall

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mr. Spielberg, Tear Down This Wall
Issue Date: July 14, 2008, Posted On: 7/13/2008

By Andrew Breitbart, The Washington Times Excerpt:

The conventional wisdom is that Hollywood has never before been so gaga over any candidate as she is now for Sen. Barack Obama. In addition to raking in Oprah-level campaign cash, Mr. Obama’s making Sen. John McCain, despite comedy turns on Saturday Night Live and in The Wedding Crashers, look like an out-of-it grandfather. But while it is true that the ratio of Obama to McCain bumper stickers in West L.A. is about 250 to 1, there are indeed untold closet Republicans in the entertainment industry who dare not advertise their beliefs in movie studio parking lots. (Unfortunately, car keying is a tactic wielded liberally by the self-described “tolerant.”) But in this land of superficiality and augmented assets, the inconvenient truth is that in Hollywood absolute conformity to the Democratic Party is a well-constructed facade. The environment is not so much unfavorable to the Grand Old Party as it is utterly totalitarian. There’s simply no lifestyle choice that receives a worse response at dinner parties. Convicted murderer? Has anyone optioned the rights to your story? Avowed Marxist? Viva la revolucion! Scientologist? Do you take Visa or Mastercard? Syphilitic drug abuser? Let’s talk! Conservative? You should go.
Only proclaiming one’s self a practicing Christian is met with greater disdain — making Christian Republicans the gold standard in Hollywood pariah status. Fortunately, their savior — that dude from Mel Gibson’s highest grossing blockbuster that was shunned by the major studios — wrote the script on how to live with an unpopular point of view.
Since the Communist-sympathizing Jane Fonda aerobicized her way into the mainstream of Hollywood politics, and about the time that John Wayne died, most Republicans in Hollywood began to shut their mouths
--------------End Excerpt----------------
The left, which consistently pounds the word "TOLERANCE" always seems to forget that tolerance of evil is no virtue.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tolerance of any ideals other than their own is strictly forbidden

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ben Stien, Ron Lieberman, and others have spoken about this quite a bit. I think Bruce Willis even said that you can only out yourself as conservative once you are powerfull enough to green light your own projects.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you have 'bumper stickers'? doesn't it cause accidents when people read them and get mad?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why do you have 'bumper stickers'? doesn't it cause accidents when people read them and get mad?

Bumper stickers are a means by which people who think that strangers actually care about their opinions can make those opinions known. It helps to have political beliefs that are simplistic enough to fit on a bumper sticker. Often, these people have opinions on practically everything under the sun, so the back of their vehicle will have anywhere from five to sixty stickers.

Me, I don't have any. But I love reading them, so I'm usually the one following closely in order to catch the umpteenth variation on "Somewhere in Texas a village is missing its idiot."

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't like bumper stickers on my vehicles. I love them on the vehicles of others.