Most important thing

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
As Tom said in his post it's about going further than necessary to accomplish your defense. That doesn't mean that he isn't prepared to utterly destroy an attacker or even to kill an attacker in defense of himself or others. The choice is in the hands of the attacker. The big thing about the blend is entering into the attackers space and matching his speed. Becoming the center of the hurricane, as my instructor likes to say. That's the physical side of it. The mental side of the blend is only a little different in that you aren't expected to become enraged like your attacker but should remain the calm center of the situation. Where you have to match the attacker mentally is the point of how far does this damage need to go. It's the continuum of force again. If the attacker simply refuses to cease regardless of the damage that you are inflicting upon them, then and only then, would you kill that person instead of using the "Red Queen" analogy of "kill 'em all". I have a ton more on this going through my head right now. Once my first pot of coffee kicks in (yes, I said 1st pot) I should be able to be a bit more clear.

Oddly enough rage is not ever in the picture, that would be a distraction. In order to be efficient a coldness drops, there is no emotion at all, just analysis of what to target; physically, mentally and emotionally to achieve the goal. Often the goal is to shatter, to leave lasting scars, permenant reminders to not to try me again. The Red Queen wants anyone who crosses her to suffer. ( hmmmmm, perhaps there is rage there after all, just very very controlled focused rage. What an interesting idea.) When pushed, most particularly in a physical way, I have little control of the Red Queen. I do not play her, she just takes over. My choices thus far are to deal with the aftermath (damage control) or lock her away and not be aggressive AT ALL. At this point not being aggressive is an unrealistic option so I need to find a more tools. I thank you guys for your insights, I do appreciate them a great deal.
lori

Latest Discussions