More Pit Bulls

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
NFL player comments about his friend's role in dog fighting scandal gets dog lovers angry...
Porter on Vick: 'All it was was dogs'

Miami Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter commented on the possible reinstatement of former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick and, as usual, Porter shot right from the lip, according to a report on EPSN.com. Vick was convicted for his role in a dog fighting ring and is serving time in a Kansas federal prison. He's scheduled to be released next summer.

"All it was was dogs. They act like they don't even like pit bulls anyway. That's the funny thing about it if you want to get back on that topic. I got pit bulls, I got to put them under a different breed just to travel. So you can't even fly pit bulls nowhere.
"It's a breed they don't care about. It's not like he was fighting cocker spaniels or something that they like. They don't really care too much about pit bulls."
Profootballtalk.com reported that Porter let his pitbull loose and it killed a miniature horse.
If that's true... then Vick might end up having a cell mate.

BanannaSmoothie

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
pit bulls are my favorite breed of dogs other than dobermans and min pins. in some ways i like the pits better.

they are super loyal, easy to socialize with other people and dogs, very loving, generally of good health, not as inbred as other breeds, and reasonably easy to train/housebreak.

the guy that did most of my tattoo work had 2 pits and sold the pups. he named his 2 snots and slobbers. +rep to whoever knows which one is a boy dog's name ;)

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
pit bulls are my favorite breed of dogs other than dobermans and min pins. in some ways i like the pits better.

they are super loyal, easy to socialize with other people and dogs, very loving, generally of good health, not as inbred as other breeds, and reasonably easy to train/housebreak.

the guy that did most of my tattoo work had 2 pits and sold the pups. he named his 2 snots and slobbers. +rep to whoever knows which one is a boy dog's name ;)

Ummmm....snots?

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wait a MINNIT! Is that a sexist connotation?? You're implying that men are just snotty?? :miffer: *sniff* *snnorrk* we are not, are not ,are not!

:wink2:

Absolutely! :D But, ya'll slobber too. :p

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've got a fila brasiliero-I've owned pits. Love them, wonderful dogs, but the filas beat them for loyalty, hands down.....]

....and, of course, they're atavistically mistrustful of strangers, and big and mean as hell....not for just anyone. Glad the authorities-and the idiots-haven't figured out just what these dogs are, or we'd be up to our hips in dogs eager for human flesh, and they'd be banning them.

I think I mentioned the Fila's in a few posts. I know a breeder here in Oak Bank. She has 2 bitches and a stud. She runs a huge rescue for pitties which is where I come in. I am fine with the pitties, even the scared fear biters, but will not get near the Fila's. God help us if some idiot ever decides to fight Fila's. A half starved Fila full of crank and roids. It'll kill everything in the room....and the cops who come in later. Not a Fila fan am I. Too lethal.
One of the nasties critters I have ever met was a Russel/Pit cross I rehabed. We called him Barney, or Barnhole. Him and the Diva would have Death Match 2007 over sqeekey toys or primo couch space. Diva always won, she is faster and way more commited. He went on to become an only dog doing flyball 4x a week. Once he stopped attacking the other teams dogs he does quite well.
Lori

Latest Discussions