Zerathim

White Belt
Reaction score
I have uploaded an interesting movie with English subtitles involving wushu fights performed by Russian martial artist an multiple champion of Russia and Europe Jamal Azhigirey. Enjoy watching! And your comments are welcome. Soon I will make more uploads.

Last edited:

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I will be the 1st to comment, why would you make a 2019 movie in the style of a 1970's movie, as a 1970's producer would, without adding a new dynamic, if I want to watch a cult 70's kung fu movie, I would watch dragon fist, or fearless hyena, or fist of fury etc, I found myself wanting to turn it off after 11 mins, I waited until 41 mins before I actually did, get a hd camera, o.k make an old style movie, but you need to hold your audience, on the plus side, there was a couple of scenes where the quality of the movement was good, the drawing of the sword at the beginning, the work of the monks was Ok to, if you want to corner a market, use the principles if old movies, but please use modern techniques. Sorry for the critic, but I am a martial artist movie fan, I have a collection of over 450 movies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, Zerathim. Hope you enjoy it.

Do you train Martial Arts?

OP
Zerathim

Zerathim

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, Zerathim. Hope you enjoy it.

Do you train Martial Arts?
Thank you. Sorry for not responding earlier. Yes, I do. For four years I trained ki-aikido at the Torii school in Helmond, Netherlands. Although the teachers of ki-aikido don't call it martial art. By the way, I see you are from Maui, Hawaii. There is a dojo of ki-aikido with Curtis sensei at the head. If you know him, bring him my regards. My real name is Daniel. Curtis sensei used to visit us every year for a seminar.
Now I train aikido aikikai together with some other kinds of budo at another school in my neighborhood.

OP
Zerathim

Zerathim

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I will be the 1st to comment, why would you make a 2019 movie in the style of a 1970's movie, as a 1970's producer would, without adding a new dynamic, if I want to watch a cult 70's kung fu movie, I would watch dragon fist, or fearless hyena, or fist of fury etc, I found myself wanting to turn it off after 11 mins, I waited until 41 mins before I actually did, get a hd camera, o.k make an old style movie, but you need to hold your audience, on the plus side, there was a couple of scenes where the quality of the movement was good, the drawing of the sword at the beginning, the work of the monks was Ok to, if you want to corner a market, use the principles if old movies, but please use modern techniques. Sorry for the critic, but I am a martial artist movie fan, I have a collection of over 450 movies.
Thank you. Of course you are right: It is always better when a film is made with a modern technology. But for me the idea or the philosophical points of the movie is more important than good quality of a camera or much action. So in this sense I find this movie quite inspiring.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Was your intention to do a kill bill style of tribute, like a Taranti no nod to the Hong Kong studios?
If so my apologies, I will watch it again.

OP
Zerathim

Zerathim

White Belt
Reaction score
No need to apologise, my friend. I appreciate your comment. You might want to comment about the second part of the movie too. But this time there's another head figure.

Latest Discussions