Mom needs help is this guy Legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I wanted to add a few of things on finding a good instructor, just in case Beth is still reading this post.

1. Kick-boxing is probably not for your children, you should probably go for something a little more child friendly.

2. Most of the big associations are legitimate, but can get political if your children stay with them long enough. Pick something that they will be happy with in the long run. And usually it is a good idea not go train under someone who created their own art and ranked themself in it.

3. Most good instructors can get you in touch with their instructors, and would have no problem doing so if you were truly concerned about what they claimed. If they don't know much about their instructor or at least the philosophy they taught, be warry. Most of use can remember our 1st grade teacher, we should be able to tell you about the instructor that taught us for 5-15 years. I could personally get you in contact with my instructor and his instructor.

Good luck

OP
W

WildCater

Im not dissing Marty Cale, He is a 1st dan in tae kwon do, and i think a 5th dan in judo, or jujutsu, hes a very good teacher, and hosts some awsome tournaments. He has an award winning demo team. But the reason he calls himself a 10th dan, is because he is the creator of white tiger kenpo, and im going to agree with him, he might be, because there are Litterally no more techniques he can accomplish, because he has already learned them. Should he declaire himself a 10th dan? no, should he declaire himself the creator? yes, is he a good martial arts teacher? in my opinion yes, do I think he should teach the martial art he made? no, because there is no proof that it actually works, but all this I beleve he calls himself 10th dan.

OP
T

tcma66

Just wanted to let you know that i also know Marty, he is great instructor and a good person. You can approach him and talk to him about your feelings and what you have seen and heard. He will not have a probelm with you bringing in your boys to try out the class a couple of times. He will also not have a problem with you watching the class as many times as you want. If you have any questions please email me directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions