Not open for further replies.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Despite Mr. Randors little rant above....is the point he started with valid? Were there any Fillipinos on the steering commitee?

On an aside, I see from checking the user logs that we now have several WMAA and MARPPIO members. Welcome. :)

Questions:

-Who to lead? I think a leader will emerge..be it MARPPIO, or the WMAA, or someone else. I do not know if the one will be Fillipino, but I think we know they will be "That Good".

-Jeff Delany - No idea. From what I've heard (which when you add $1.40 it will get ya a coke at McD) :), the answer is no. But, I'm not the one to get a qualified answer.

-The "Race" question - Not valid here as I see every system 'borrowing' from the others. Example - "Trapping Hands". I did the exact same thing step-by-step when taking JKD, WingChung, Kenpo (parker) and yes, even Tai Chi (though that one was in sloooow motion) :) The move is the same, just the name has been changed, to confuse the hell outta me...."Perpetual White Belt" is sooo fitting now.

:rofl:

Now play nice....:samurai:

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yantok,

I agree with on a few issues and when it comes to the MOTTs I don't care for most of them, but how dare you turn this into a racial issue! YOU TWO-BIT PIECE OF SH*T!!!!!!!!! :soapbox:
What happened to "All Men {or Women} are Created Equal"? I want to know who you are. It is so easy to hide behind a computer and cause trouble! Do you have the "BALLS" to let everyone know who you are and be held accountable for your actions? I sent out e-mail about the IMAF that was controversial at the least. After which I show up to the 2001 Michigan camp. Some people avoided me and some people started whispering sh*t. None of the people I mentioned in the mail had the guts to come up and tell me that they had a problem with me. If they had I would have respected their opinion and would've sucked it up knowing that I would probably get this reaction.

Everyone know who I am! So who are you?
:uzi: :nuke: :flame: :armed: :samurai:

OP
D

DPRESAS

Did it take you that long to think those words over . O' my you must be really one of a kind. you are the type of person that makes the art go bad!!!! I really feel sory for you . we're not here to take over anything and Tim Hartman knows that . but if you really want to find out how good We Are come see US Please IN FULL CONTACT ARNIS ONLY . you'll see how a Presas moves , you migth learn something new . BY THE WAY HOW MANY SEMENARS DID YOU GO BEFORE YOU GOT YOUR BLACK-BELT 5 TO 10 HUH !!!!! MUST BE REALLY EASY . JUST GO TO A SEMINAR GET A BELT . ARE YOU AWERE THAT IT SHOULD TAKE YOU 10 YEARS TO REACH BLACK OR 1ST DAN AND FOR EVERYONES INFO WE DID GO TO HIS SEMINAR. HE NEVER WANTED US TO TELL OUR REALLY LAST NAMES. NOW WE KNOW WHY , HE DID NOT WANT US TO SAY OUR REALLY LAST NAMES . PERSON'S LIKE YOU JUDGE SO EASY YOU DONT EVEN KNOW US , ONLY A HAND PICKED OF PERSONS REALLY KNEW OUR FATHER . SO DONT SPEAK FOR HIM . THERE ARE MANY THINGS ABOUT OUR FAMILY AND HIM THAT YOU DONT .YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE TRUTH SEE ME OR ASK TIM FOR MY NO. HE KNOWS IT , IT DOSE NOT MATTER WHO LEADS IF YOUR FILIFINO OR AMERICAN WHAT MATTERS IS YOUR LOVE FOR THE ART .CALL ME WILL TALK OR SPAR ,HOW EVER YOU WANT

DPRESAS
MARPPIO/USMC

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it would be advisable that you specify which K.R. you are referring to, as there are two of them with those initials posting in this thread.

Just some advice. Don't want your message to go to the wrong person.

Cthulhu

[Whoops. Looks like you made the change before my post went up.]

OP
S

sinawali

I want to add a point regarding Filipino's in Modern Arnis. It seems ( from my viewpoint only) that Remy ( no disrespect to the term "Professor", I always called him Remy) was not looked at the same as other instructors from the Philippines, his art was looked at as weak. That was the beauty of Remy, he could care less, the proof ( this is corny) was in the pudding when it came down to it.

Yes, some black belts in Modern Arnis could use to look a little deeper into the foundation of thier art and stop looking at belt color. Many do not hold the same standards or understanding of the art. If thier homes where build upon the same structure as thier understanding of Modern Arnis,
I would not feel safe in a windstorm. I have seen many act like "sandbox" martial artists where they say "oh. I got you up before you got me"...stagnation , not growth.

Could it be ( my opinion only) that many Filipinos looked at Remy as a "secondary" teacher because he taught so many non Filipinos and passed the chance to train under him ? and now when he is gone, we truly see what the world martial arts community has lost?

Peace

Sinawali

:)

OP
D

DPRESAS

I agree with when you said belt should not matter, did you know that in the old days my father never had a belt ? what he always said is belts are for show OFF only ,what matters the most is your skill and the love for the art . see there so many that recived black in MA that you can go to 3 to 5 seminar's and you'll get it ,now there are some exception but not a whole lot I HAVE SEEN THIS HAPPEND IN SEMENARS. there are so many that cliam they knew GM presas , yet they dont even know about us . our father was very PROTECTIVE OF US . now i can see why . for your question ma in the phil loved him infact there were many that came for his funeral in the phil . if you like I'll e-mail you some PIC.
there were a lot of gm that came from differnt styles of arnis . they said plenty of kind words for our fahter and the family.

DPRESAS

:asian:

OP
K

Keil Randor

To DPRESAS:
I touched a nerve there huh? (rereads post) Gee, Did I attack you? No, I questioned the families credentials....asked if ya earned it by time in, or if you got it in a cracker jack box. If you really have the abilities, it will show through on your tour. See, the reason I ask is I've only heard of 2 Presas's in regards to the martial arts world. Remy and Ernesto. (checks records), nope I don't see your name there. That implies a few things....1 is you aint nobody. 2 is you haven't destinguished yourself yet. Note I say yet. You got a great name....are you worthy of it?

See, I didn't attack you. I probed. I drew you out. Its psychology sport. You're right, I didn't know GM Presas. I've only got the word of those who have to go on. I hear alot of good things. I haven't heard a single bad thing about him.

See, it bothers me when a group of self serving, greedy ego maniac SOB's come out and want to lay claim to the dynasy of a great master. Those who can talk the talk, not walk the walk.

Beating my sorry *** ain't gonna prove anything...except if you like being the bottom in a prison gang-bang. See, in my country, its called assault and battery, and you get jail time. Even if I attack you, and you do it in self defence, theres still a good chance you serve time. Sorry charlie....I aint stupid enough to dance with someone who would do me harm....My qualifications? I'm sorry, you misunderstand. I have no rank, hold no title, have minimal skills. I train a few times a month, with friends. I will never be in the same league as most here.

You can take it personally, or you can understand where I'm coming from.

Did the vulture comment hurt? Why? Are you truely out to further your fathers art and memory, or just line your pants with the cash you can ring out of it? If you're out to further the art and his memory, then you would see I wasn't shooting at you, but at the SOB's who fall into number 2.

The vultures. The backstabbers. The SOB's who are soo worried about what will be left for them, that they will destroy that which Remy built.

And if you're 1 of those....well.... then you can go to hell. And keep the responce public. I hate PM threats.

In the mean time sir, I look forward to seeing how good your skills really are. Not by you kicking my *** (which is very easily done, I must add. It is no true demostration of skill), but by you leading and teaching.

Mr. Presas, I wish you, and your organization all the best. You have taken the time to respond and answer the questions I posed. Ms. Harwood and Mr. Delany have not. For that, I thank you, and am sorry you misunderstood my intentions.

Take this as an apology, and explaination or an attack. I care not which.

Goodday to you all.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:soapbox:
Keils taking a little vacation.....please note the "Banned User" status by his name....

Keep the "personal" attacks, the racial crap and the flat out Flames out of my bloody forums!

I said it before, I'll say it 1 last time.... think twice before you hit that post button folks.

:soapbox:

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Whoopass, I believe that the "Irish Firefighter" should be king af all. He's Irish and a Friefighter and you can't get any better than that!!:D
Hey Toothpick, I mean Icepick, it's MAO.............that's M - A - O.......I thought lawyers never made mistakes.;)
luv ya' K.B.!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for Modern Arnis and the political venue a the moment, I'm gonna get some popcorn and enjoy the show. Remy had a will. Remy put certain people in certain positions. It aint over yet and when it is not much will have changed. The good people will still be good, the weenies will still be weenies. Those who respect you will train with you. Respect is an earned thing. Dancing around and crying about the state of things will do little to earn you any respect from anyone. Remy told me many times "Just do your work and nevermind the barking dogs". I hear alot of barking, howling, snarling and butt sniffing going on. I will have more to say after this weekend. :samurai: :armed:

OP
B

bloodwood

It would appear that Tim Hartman and the Presas family are on good terms and headed in the right direction. And that direction would be one of mutual coexistence and respect for other. Sharing knowledge of the Professor's art is what it's all about. If the Presas family bring new material to the table, or just put a new spin on what we're doing now, that's GREAT. I can't wait to see what they got. Old dogs can learn new tricks, and if you let those tricks bypass you, shame on you.

So it seems we're half way there. WMAA + MARPPIO + (waiting to see what the MOTTS do). JD and co. look to be a group of one trying to hang on, and will either be absorbed or just fade away for lack of support. Working together will keep all healthy and wiser.

GO WITH the FLOW

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was at the bookstore this evening and to my surprise the December issue of Black Belt was already on the stands. There was a letter to the editor from George and Kim Dillman concerning Prof. Presas' passing, and Mr. Delaney was given a full page for a tribute. It was appropriately focused on the Professor and was tasetfully done, though not particularly well-written or memorable. Mr. Delaney did not appear to be engaging in any of the self-promotion of which he has been accused recently.

I don't subscribe to Black Belt--had there been an announcement in it prior to this issue, or was this the first issue they could get one into?

LabanB

Yellow Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi Keith (OK, so he's banned, my reply is still relevant!),

I have read that in the early days of the formation of Modern Arnis, the other brother, Roberto, played a role. He dropped out of the scene fairly early on (don't know why).

So its possible that there are a whole truck of Presas's (Preses? ;-) ) we know little or nothing about.

Bill Lowery

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's Keil thats banned, not Keith. :)

Its possible. I mean, who knows the full family list of most martial arts masters?

LabanB

Yellow Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Does anyone get the feeling, I'm not totally focussed on this discussion? ;-)

Bill

PS, Sorry Kaith (is this a male name? No insult intended but I'm not familiar with it, hence the error).

Bill

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You mean you can't tell from the highly accurate picture? :rofl:

The names Klingon. :D

Seriously, male...last time I checked, anyway. :cool:

As to focus...who right now? :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The background has changed at http://www.modernarnis.com/ but still no information ("Under Construction"). I'm looking forward to hearing more about this organization. Mr. Presas, your posts here have been appreciated. I certainly wish you luck.

The multifurcation of Modern Arnis is not over yet. The IMAF would have me believe my rank is expired because I'm not paying them. Luckily, the WMAA (of which I am a member) does not appear to be concerned about this.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Arnisadore et al,

You state that you have lost your rank due to the
fact that you have not sent any membership monies
into the IMAF.

I am curious, how many people are in this
situation. I mean they have rank, with
certificates signed by Remy A. Presas, but have
not paid the right due fee to the IMAF. Does this
mean they have lost the right to teach? I mean
I have heard that some of the certificates from
the IMAF have an experation date. Can knowledge
truely have an experation date? ALso, what if
there are other certifiactes without an experation
date. Does this mean that they are no longer
valid?

Just some questions I pose to the the board.

Thanks

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions