Modern arnis lineage?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by bloodwood

The way things have played out in the last year or so can make a good case for not knowing what is in Professor's will. However just the fact that there is a will out there with Professor's intentions, is intriguing, and having it sequestered just makes it more mysterious. Maybe what we don't know won't hurt us. I guess it could clear some things up but also make some things cloudier. Personally, I'd rather live dangerously and know.

Bloodwood,

As long as it is curiousity, I am with you and would like to know jsut for the sake of knowing.

Rich

OP
B

bloodwood

A good friend of mine is the Register of Wills in a major US City. I gave him the particulars of the Professor's case and asked how it would be handled. He said that even though the Professor lived as a Canadian and died there, but his will was made in the USA, the will would be honored by the Canadian Government but subject to Canadian Tax laws and such. So, any dispersants of property or cash and intentions for the future of his organization would be upheld by Canada as long as they got their share. Who ever is holding the will is using the Canada/USA thing to confuse the issue and keep the will from being made public. There is no intestate here just somebody with something to loose. If a man takes the time to make his last wishes known, then that is exactly what should be done. Whether we like what was written or not , makes no difference at all.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

A good friend of mine is the Register of Wills in a major US City. I gave him the particulars of the Professor's case and asked how it would be handled. He said that even though the Professor lived as a Canadian and died there, but his will was made in the USA, the will would be honored by the Canadian Government but subject to Canadian Tax laws and such. So, any dispersants of property or cash and intentions for the future of his organization would be upheld by Canada as long as they got their share. Who ever is holding the will is using the Canada/USA thing to confuse the issue and keep the will from being made public. There is no intestate here just somebody with something to loose. If a man takes the time to make his last wishes known, then that is exactly what should be done. Whether we like what was written or not , makes no difference at all.

Good for you to go get some more data. Could you ask your friend for some resources online that would help educate me and others of things like this?

Thanks

Rich

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok...so.....

whose got the will.... and....

when should it be made public, legally?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

ok...so.....

whose got the will.... and....

when should it be made public, legally?

The Will What Will? (* Sarcasm here guys *)

It should have ben made public ASAP afer RP's death, unless his instructions were otherwise.

OP
B

bloodwood

My friend says he can find out about the will, but it has to be probatet first and he would need to know at least in which state it was probated to track it. He says he can help me but I don't have enough info yet. Anybody with any details to offer, please do so and I'll see what I can do.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

My friend says he can find out about the will, but it has to be probatet first and he would need to know at least in which state it was probated to track it. He says he can help me but I don't have enough info yet. Anybody with any details to offer, please do so and I'll see what I can do.

Bloodwood,

While this is great and beyond what I was asking, Imeant to say could your friend help with abstract information. I mean how to get a will, How to deal with Interstate or intercountry wills.

I was hoping for a website I could go browse.

Thanks

Rich

OP
B

bloodwood

Rich,
I'll call the girls in his office in the morning, they handle most of the work and should be able to give me some direction on what you are asking.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Rich,
I'll call the girls in his office in the morning, they handle most of the work and should be able to give me some direction on what you are asking.

Doumo Arigato Gozaimashita Bloodwood-san

:asian:

OP
B

bloodwood

OK, I called the girls and this is what I got.

They ran a check for the USA and nothing has been registered or probated here our country.

Several people in the office re-affirmed that Canada would abide by a will made in the USA but subject to their laws.

Next step is to call the Canadian Consulate ( which they gave me the # for) and get the # for the Canadian version of Register of Wills, and have them do a search. I will try and do this after the weekend.

If nothing turns up there this could be the end of the line. It would mean that someone and some lawyer are sitting on a copy and the original will. Unless either does something no info will be available to the public. There also may may be more than one will, but if one surfaces probably others will follow. That would make the latest date real one.

This could be a full time job.

:rtfm:

OP
B

bloodwood

So far I'm running into nothing but dead ends. Certain things I've been hearing lead me to believe that if the Professor's assets were dispersed before he passed (which seems to be the case), there would be no reason for whoever has the will to have it probated, therefore putting an end to finding out it's contents. I've heard that there was to be an international board of a couple dozen people to guide the IMAF but no one was named as of the Professor's passing. This is not fact just hearsay.

This information leaves us in the position of continuing the Professor's art without a designated successor. (JD was temporary successor until Remy got better. He was needed to fill in the Professor's seminar schedule.) If anybody believes different we'll leave that for another discussion.

Now this leaves us in our current state of affairs. Good, bad, fair or unfair it's what we've got so let's carry on to the best of our ability and take Modern Arnis into the future with pride and civility.

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Now this leaves us in our current state of affairs. Good, bad, fair or unfair it's what we've got so let's carry on to the best of our ability and take Modern Arnis into the future with pride and civility.

Hear hear! Onward!

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Latest Discussions