Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian,

Thanks for sharing.

I know I always learned when Remy would choose me as a demo partner. I tried to turn off the pain and just try to see how the pain was being delivered. ;)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
at least he keep you on the stage when he threw you

nice clips thanks

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Brian,

Thanks for sharing.

I know I always learned when Remy would choose me as a demo partner. I tried to turn off the pain and just try to see how the pain was being delivered. ;)

You got it buddy. There's always something to be learned as a demo partner. The pain part, I know all too well !!:lool:

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Please excuse my questions if they sound stupid as I don't have any sound , so I could'nt hear anything said on the clips. Was the point of the demo to highlight offensive/defensive movements? In other words, were the 2 demonstraters really attempting to penetrate one another's defenses, or was it choreographed for the demo? It looked to me like the little guy was really attempting to keep the big guy out, but the little guy did not look like he was truly trying to compromise the bigger guy's zone of safety. Am I incorrect in my assumption? Thanks for your time to all who attempt tp clarify for me.

1stJohn1:9

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my questions if they sound stupid as I don't have any sound , so I could'nt hear anything said on the clips. Was the point of the demo to highlight offensive/defensive movements? In other words, were the 2 demonstraters really attempting to penetrate one another's defenses, or was it choreographed for the demo? It looked to me like the little guy was really attempting to keep the big guy out, but the little guy did not look like he was truly trying to compromise the bigger guy's zone of safety. Am I incorrect in my assumption? Thanks for your time to all who attempt tp clarify for me.

1stJohn1:9

I'm the little guy you speak of !:D The point of the demo was to highlight the Modern Arnis concept of tapi tapi (counter for counter). Obviously, for the purposes of the demo, Chuck was the "driver" and I was the uke. Was it choreographed ? No. While he might say "we're going to do 2 vs. 1" just before we got on the stage, I had little idea what Chuck was going to do or what techniques or in what sequence he was going to do them.

The other point of the demo was just to have fun as you can see by our smiles and obvious talking during the demo. :drinkbeer

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
A couple more things: That's Chuck's son playing guitar in the soundtrack for the first clip. Also, with regard to the judo throws that Chuck was doing, he was being jokingly egged on by Ken Smith (just off the stage) shouting " Hey Chuck, what kind of throw was that ?" :eye-popping: We both laughed up there.

Latest Discussions